Clint Barton x reader~ 3 months

Side note~ I guess he doesn't have a wife and kids here?
Word count- 727
--------------------

You sat at your kitchen table, watching the clock tick by. You'd been dating Clint for around 6 months now, but half of them he'd been away on various missions. He was away on one now, but he was due back tonight.

Your fluffy Persian cat rubbed against your leg and purred. "I know, Billy, it sucks that he's away, I miss him too." Suddenly an idea came to you.

"I'll make him dinner, A nice fancy dinner, I'll dress up for him and make sure everything's perfect for when he gets back!" You jumped off your stool and ran to your bookshelf to find a cook book.

You were going to make a leg of lamb, it would take a while to cook so you could get ready, and you couldn't give him food poisoning. You put the oven on and threw in the meat before running to the shower.

You did your hair, put on your nicest dress, cleaned the floors and counters, set up a table and candles and even a playlist of his favourite songs. You pulled out the lamb and placed it on the centre of the table and waited. He should be back any minute now.

Hours ticked by, darkness fell and the candles burned out. The playlist finished, leaving the room in dead silence. You felt a tear run down your cheek.

It was tonight, wasn't it?

You picked up your phone and called Nick Fury, he'd know where Clint was. "Hello?" He said from the other side of the phone. "Hi, it's (Y/N) Clint's girlfriend. Just wondering when he'll be off this mission?" You asked.

The other end went silent for a moment. "I'm sorry Miss (Y/N) there seems to be some miss-communication, Agent Barton was discharged from his mission 2 hours ago." You felt your heart drop. He was off work 2 hours ago, and hadn't come home to see you, after being away for 3 months?

You thanked Nick and hung up in a hurry, tears prickling in your eyes. You pulled up Clint's contact and rung it. Nothing. You try again, and it picks up. "Hello?" A voice says through the phone. It wasn't Clint, it was another woman.

You felt anger well inside you. "Wheres Clint?" You yell into the phone. The woman sounds taken back, before calling to someone and passing the phone.

"(Y/N)?" Clint SaId through the phone. Tears streamed down your face as you mustered the courage to respond. "3 months, 3 months you've been away, and after 3 months, I'm not the first person you come and see?" You stuttered.

"(Y/N), please don't get upset, I-" you cut him off and hung up. You threw on a pair of boots and left. You needed a walk.

You walked down the cold nighttime street, feeling all the hurt burn at the back of your mind. Who was that woman? Why is she more important to him then you are?

You got to the end of the street and turned around to walk back when, you saw car headlights coming towards you. The car stopped a few metres in front of you and the door opened. There stood Clint and Nat. You crossed your arms and tried to walk away, but felt someone grab your arm gently.

You looked up to meet his eyes. You were mad, you were hurt, but looking into his eyes made all of it melt away. "(Y/N), I've been awful, but I didn't come back because I was planning something I've been planning for the longest time now.." you blinked away the tears. "What?"

He got down on one knee. "(Y/N), I love you so much, I want to spend my whole life with you, I never want to hurt you, ever. (Y/N), will you marry me?" He pulled out a velvet box and opened it, revealing a ring. You held your hands to your mouth and stuttered through tears..

"Yes, YES!!" Clint smiled and slid the ring onto your shaking finger and hugged you. You kissed his lips and cried into his chest.

You heard clapping coming from the car, but didn't care who was watching. You were engaged to the man you loved.