1

~1 Year Later~

Peter woke with a start. The housekeeper, Ms. Fawn, was waking everyone up by slamming pots together down the hall. 'I might as well get ready if I'm up' He groaned and sat up, sore from the day before. Flash had given Peter a beating, and since he hadn't been Spider-Man in a year he wasn't used to all the pain.

So he got up, put on some clothes and grabbed his backpack. He left without eating and headed to school. Little did he know how his day was going to change in a matter of hours.

-----------

"Steve, I said I'm ready for this." Tony called to his husband. Steve sighed and looked over at Tony.

"You, the Tony Stark, are ready to adopt a child?" Steve raised his eyebrow.

"Yes! I told you, I'm ready. I practiced with Clint's kids and they loved me! C'mon hun, I promise I'm ready," Tony whined.

"Alright. So we'll stop by the orphanage at around five o'clock, ok?" Tony smiled with triumph. He was going to get a child.

-----------

Peter heard the shrill scream of the bell and smiled. School was over for the day. The halls were crowded and he struggled to get out of the school. He got out of the congested halls and reached the front of the school. He started walking and remembered with a pang how it felt to patrol.

-----------

The school bell rang and Peter rushed out of school. He didn't hesitate to jump the school fence and run to his usual alleyway, so he could change into the Spider-Man suit.

As soon as he did he swung around, waiting for his spidey-senses to go off, alerting him of crime. Right on queue, they went off. A bank robbery down the street. Peter smiled, he loved his job.

He swung to the bank and entered it. Then he rested his arm on the desk and waited a second before coughing. The four men turned around. "Hey, you guys are the Avengers!" Peter gasped. They had toy masks of The Hulk, Thor, Ironman, and Captain America.

"You know, stealing is wrong, right? Plus, shouldn't you guys be out fighting crime, not causing it?" Peter asked, smiling through his mask. One of the men aimed a gun and went to shoot, but before he could Peter webbed the gun and pulled, causing it to fly into he air and into Peter's hands.

"Hey, thanks, but I don't need this," Peter stared at them. They immediately lunged into action, as did the Spiderling. He jumped onto the ceiling, webbing 'Thor' to the wall. 'Ironman' threw punches at him, and Peter easily dodged them.

"I'm starting to think you guys aren't the Avengers after all," Peter sighed. This was too easy. He grabbed the fake Hulk and threw him at Ironman. They both fell to the floor, groaning. Peter webbed then up and looked up for the last faker.

He spotted him trying to get fake Thor out of the webs. Peter sighed and webbed the Captain to the wall. Peter then turned and left. He knew someone had called the police, so he left them to deal with the fake Avengers.

Peter sighed. He loved patrol.

-----------