2

Peter awoke to the same sound as he did every morning. Pots being slammed together as Ms. Fawn woke the kids up. Thankfully, the whole floor was in high school, meaning they would all wake up at the same time. All of their schools started at 7:15, except Tyler's. His school started at 6:15, meaning he got up before everyone else. He also got home an hour earlier than the rest.

To Peter's surprise, Tyler was still in the room. "Wha-" but before he could get a word out Tyler had leapt to his feet and shoved a hand over his mouth. Peter looked at him in utter confusion, his brow furrowed. "Shhh, I got myself out of school today, but she doesn't know, so shush, act like I'm not here, which means you can't talk to me." Tyler slowly removed his hand from Peter's mouth.

Peter nodded and continued his regular routine, which was get dressed, grab his backpack and pack it. He was about to rush out of the house before Ms. Fawn stopped him. "No school for you today Parker, the two men from yesterday are coming back," She said

Peter nodded. 'Crap, they'll find out nononoooo..' He ran back upstairs and put his backpack down. Tyler looked up, his brow furrowed in confusion. "Why're you still here?" He whispered fiercely.
"Ms. Fawn said I had to stay because Tony Stark and Steve Rogers are coming back! What if they found out?" Peter whispered frantically.

"Look, there's no way they found out. None. You haven't been Spider-Man in a year at this point, you're off the radar. They probably came back to adopt someone." Tyler smiled sympathetically. Peter nodded and sat down on his bed. He sighed and decided to something he hadn't done in a year. He looked at his suit.

-----------

It was a Saturday. Peter usually went out as Spider-Man at around six o'clock, and stayed out until twelve. He loved weekends. "May! I'm going out! I'll be back pretty late!" He called to his aunt.
"Ok! Be careful!" He heard her yell through the walls.

He walked out the door, grabbing his backpack with his suit in it. He quickly ran to an alleyway and changed, his homemade suit making him hot. Peter swung from building to building, waiting for his senses to go off.

Hours passed and he stopped two bank robberies, returned a car to his owner, and stopped a burglary. It was a good night for Spider-Man. His senses went off. Something was wrong. He swung around for a bit and couldn't find anything so he decided to head home.

Then he saw it. Something moved in the corner of his vision. He knew immediately who it was. Natasha Romanoff, better known as Black Widow. The Avengers were after him again. But who was with her? Then he heard it. The whirring of a machine. Ironman.

Why couldn't they leave him alone? He hadn't done anything wrong! Peter sighed, he just wanted to go home and sleep. "Ugh, come on guys, Spidey's got a bedtime," He whined.

"Look, Spiderling. Come with us and we won't fight." Tony landed, putting his hands up in surrender.

"No, I'd rather fight. I have places to be and things to do." Peter spat, webbing Tony's hands together.

Tony sighed an attempted to break the webbing, but Peter had already escaped. He swung to his home, as fast slowed as he saw the smoke coming from the building. His senses were screaming at him to move faster. Aunt May was in there! He swung faster, he needed to save her!

But as he swung in he saw her. She had a bullet through her head. The fire roared around him. He felt numb. He felt the flames heat against him. Peter grabbed Aunt May and swung out. Putting her body down. She was dead.

-----------

Peter's eyes stung with tears as he remembered the last time he had worn the suit. He felt a tear fall down his face, and he quickly wiped it from his face. "You remembering?" Tyler asked. Peter nodded. Tyler stood up and walked over to him, putting his hand on Peter's shoulder. "Hey, it's ok. Just don't think about it." He smiled.

"Yeah," Peter smiled. As much as he hated to admit it, Tyler was like a brother to him. Ms. Fawn knocked on the door. Tyler leaped into action, crawling underneath his bed. "Come in!" Peter said as soon as Tyler had settled.

"They're here!" She said, opening the door. Tony and Steve walked in, smiling. "Hey Peter, we're here to adopt you." Steve was smiling, walking towards the boy. Peter froze. 'Oh no.'

-----------

Tony looked at Steve as they drove home from the orphanage, his hands tight on the wheel. "I liked that kid," was all he said.

"Me too. You think he's the one we should adopt?" Steve looked over at his husband, smiling.

"I think so. We'll go back tomorrow, and talk to that lady. Ms. Finner?" Tony nodded his head, pulling up to the Avengers Tower.

"So it's settled. We're adopting Peter," Steve smiled.

-----------

Peter started at the two in shock. Should he be excited or scared? He didn't know. "R-really?" Peter managed to choke out.

"Yes, really kid. We're taking you home today, so pack your stuff." Tony stared at him, looking around the room. The many Avengers posters and small robots (thanks to Tyler) littered the room in a ball of science.

"Hm, into tinkering, aren't you? You'll love it at the Tower." Tony nodded, turning, "Oh, and Bruce can help you fix that." He pointed to the broken robot on a shelf.

"Oh, that's not mine sir, it's my roommate's." Peter mumbled, looking down at his feet.

"Ah." He looked over at the other boys side. Tony was probably regretting deciding to adopt him.

"Pack your stuff up, kid. We're leaving in ten." Tony said, patting Peter's back as he walked out of the room.

It didn't take him long to pack. He didn't have much stuff to pack, just he clothes, school books, and his Spider-Man suit. He was done in nine minutes, and rushed downstairs. Tony and Steve were there waiting for him, talking to Ms. Fawn. They stopped and turned towards him.

"Ready to leave?" Steve asked, looking down at Peter.

"Yeah," Peter mumbled.

"Here, let me take those." Steve said, grabbing his bags before Peter could protest.

The three walked out to the car, Steve putting his bags in the trunk of the car. Tony and Steve attempted to talk to him, but Peter would only answer with one word. He was still nervous and skittish, especially because of his whole "I'm Spider-Man" secret.

They arrived at the Avengers tower, and all there men stepped out of the car. Steve walked around to the back of the car to get Peter's bag (all of his stuff for in one singular duffle bag) and the three continued to the inside.

"Well Peter," Steve said, turning towards him, "welcome to your new home!"