5

Peter woke up and immediately winced in pain. His head felt like someone was hitting a hammer against his skull. "What the hell," He whispered. Hi gingerly touched his head, wincing as he did so. He stood up, narrowing his eyes as he did. The room was dark, which made it a little better. He slowly walked out of the room and went to the living room.

Tony was in the kitchen along with Steve. The genius was sipping coffee, and Steve was making some food. "G'morning," Peter mumbled as he walked to the couch.

"Good morning Peter!" Steve said cheerily.

"Yeah, mornin' Pete." Tony said, sipping his coffee.

"Hey, do you guys have any painkillers?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, why?" Tony sounded concerned for his son.

"Woke up with a headache," He mumbled. Peter could barley speak normally without his head dying.

"Alright, I'll get you some," Tony walked over to a cabinet and grabbed a bottle of pills out. He turned and walked over to Peter, handing him the bottle. "Shit, you're gonna need something to drink," Tony muttered.

"Language!" Was heard from the kitchen.

"Pfft," Tony scoffed. He got Peter a cup of water and walked it back over to the boy.

"Thanks," Peter whispered.

"You're welcome," Tony replied, smiling.

Peter winced. Yes, Tony was talking normally, but thanks to Peter's enhanced hearing it was like Tony was screaming at the top of his lungs.

"You ok kid?" Tony asked, his concern growing.

"Y-yeah, my head just hurts even more when you talk," Peter mumbled.

Tony nodded and didn't speak again. Peter took the medicine and went to his room to hopefully sleep it off.

-----------

He woke up a few hours later, his head still hurting. It wasn't nearly as bad as before, but it still was hurting a bit. Peter yawned, and looked around his room. He still needed to unpack some of his things, but he felt too weak to do that at that moment.

"Hey FRIDAY, what time is it?" Peter asked.

"It's eleven fifty-three sir. You were asleep for three hours and thirty-one minutes," FRIDAY replied, which left Peter rubbing his head in pain.

Peter laid back down in his bed and sighed, blinking slowly. His life was good, yes, but it was also terrifying. If his new parents found out who he really was he was fucked. "I wish I'd never been bitten by that damn spider," Peter whispered, laying his arm over his eyes.

The Spiderling finally decided to get up and go back into the living room. When he stood up he nearly fainted. Peter felt so incredibly weak. How was he getting so sick? His enhanced senses helped him with fighting off disease, the last time he'd been this sick was before the bite. 'What the hell is happening?'

Peter shook his head to clear it and continued to the living room. He'd brung a blanket with him as well, seeing as he was cold. Tony wasn't in sight when Peter sat down on the couch, but he could hear Steve in the kitchen making lunch. The thought of eating anything made Peter want to vomit, and the smell coming from the kitchen was not helping in the slightest.

He decided he needed some more medicine, and that meant traveling into the kitchen to ask Steve for some. Peter stood up and hobbled to the kitchen, his nausea growing worse the closer he got.

"Hey Pete," The solider said as Peter walked into the kitchen.

"Hey," Peter mumbled weakly.

"Are you ok? You don't sound so great," Steve turned to look at Peter.

He nearly gasped at what he saw. Peter was incredibly pale, and he looked so skinny and small. His eyes were bloodshot and had dark bags under them, making his eyes appear bigger.

Peter started walking towards Steve, his breathing suddenly coming in ragged breaths.

"Pops, I don't feel so good," Peter gasped, falling to the ground.

"Tony!"