3

Peter looked up at the tower in awe. 'So this is my new home. Nice.' He looked back at his new parents, still hesitant. They had tried to capture him a year ago, and here they were, adopting him. He knew the process would take up to nine months, so legally he wasn't their son. Yet.

"So, lets go up to your room." Tony said, walking inside the building. Steve looked at Peter, patting his shoulder. The two followed him inside, Peter pausing to look around in amazement. The couple looked at their kid, smiling. The three went up to the Avengers floor, riding it up in silence. Awkward silence. Peter shifted his feet nervously, still scared around the two men.

They had tried to kill him after all.

The elevator stopped and opened its doors, revealing the floor to the three. Peter stepped out, his mouth open in awe. He'd seen the outside of the building for years, but here he was inside of it. It was amazing! Steve and Tony smiled at the boy's excited demeanor. "Just wait 'till you see your room," Steve smiled.

Peter just smiled even more and followed his two new dads up to his room. When he entered he gasped. It was twice the size of his old room, with a king bed in the corner against the window. There was a nightstand next to it, with a lava lamp for decoration. He saw two other doors (one across from his bed and he other to his right of the entrance) and figured that they were a bathroom and closet. In the room also stood and desk with a Stark computer, another lamp, a pencil holder with pens and pencils, and a small tray that held paper.

Peter turned to the two men with the widest smile, tears in his eyes. He hadn't had this luxury since his aunt died, and he never thought he'd have it again. "Thank you so much." Peter held the urge to hug them, as he felt it was too soon. As if sending what Peter wanted, Steve wrapped him into a hug. Tony joined them and they stood there for a bit, embracing each other. After a while they released each other from the hug.

"So, it's Thursday. You're already skipping school today, and tomorrow you'll stay home too," Peter was about to protest before Steve continued, "just so you can get used to the place, warm up a bit. I don't like the idea of you staying home either, but Tony suggested it so you'd be more comfortable here." Steve finished, placing a hand on Peter's shoulder. Tony glared at Steve for revealing the plan was his, sticking his lip out in a mock pout.

"Ok, but I have homework to do tonight. I can still do that, right?" He asked, looking up at the man for the first time as he spoke.

"N-" Tony was about to object before being interrupted by his husband.

"Absolutely! You have to keep that brain sharp!"

"What about a family night? I wanted to do that tonight," Tony whined.

"Tony, we can do that anytime, but don't worry, we can do it tomorrow night." Steve removed his hand from Peter's shoulder and turned to his husband as he reasoned with him. Tony nodded and turned to Peter.

"So, if you're hungry you can come to the kitchen and eat something. We have plenty of food, thanks to Thor and his madness." Tony rolled his eyes as he remembered what the God had bought. Plenty of junk food, but nothing edible to Tony.

"Alright," Peter replied. He followed them to the kitchen and sat down.

Lunch was interesting, to say the least.

-----------

It was around seven o'clock at night. Peter was in his room doing homework, his mind racing as he remembered everything. Steve had made spaghetti for dinner, Tony attempting to help him but his husband swatted him away claiming, "You only cook good when you're drunk, so shoo!"

Peter had giggled at hat remark and Tony had turned to him and rolled his eyes, pointing at Steve. It had only made the boy laugh more. Tony smiled when he saw Peter laughing. The sight and sound made him feel warm inside, happy. His son was laughing because of him.

Peter couldn't take it anymore. He could finally go out and be Spider-Man again, and he was itching to do it. He grabbed the bag with his suit. His hand hovered over the fabric of it, remembering the last time he'd worn it. His aunt had died while he was in it. He took a shaky breath and put the suit on, Peter breathing in the scent of his suit. He froze as he remembered. FRIDAY. The A.I. would alert the two men if he left. Peter sighed and was about to put the suit away when he formed a plan.

"FRIDAY, if my dads ask what I'm doing just say I'm sleeping and I'd prefer not to be woken," Peter prayed the A.I. would listen to him.

"Alright, sir." It replied, and Peter pumped his fists in the air. It had worked. There was a large window right next to his bed, but it wouldn't open. He'd have to get out another way. It clicked in his mind almost immediately. The bathroom! It had a window he could climb in and out of!

He opened the door to the bathroom and walked over to the window. It had a curtain that blocked out the light, making the room dark. He moved it so he could open the window, his heart thudding loudly. Peter opened it, climbed out, and closed it again. He was out as Spider-Man again. He shot a webcast a nearby building and swung from it, laughing as felt the cool air flow around him. He loved being Spider-Man.

-----------

Hours passed and Peter had done a lot. He'd rescued a cat from a tree, stopped four muggings, caught six thieves, and helped an old lady find her way home after a busy night. He loved helping people with his powers. It was a good thing, and it made him feel good.

But he knew he had to go home before his parents found out he was gone from his room. He swung back to the tower and climbed in through his bathroom window, shutting it quietly behind him. He quickly undressed and put new clothes on, shoving his suit back in the bag he had gotten it from.

He went back to his homework and worked on that for another hour. He was about to close his book and head to sleep, as it was 12 o'clock, but he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in!" Peter said, closing his book. Tony walked into the room and looked around. It was the same as it had been, the only thing different being Peter's desk which was littered with papers.

"I just came to say goodnight, but now I'm gonna ask as to why you haven't put any of your things up yet." Tony gestured around the room. Peter froze, realizing he probably should've done that.

"O-oh, um, well, I just got caught up in my homework, sorry." Peter winced a bit, expecting Tony to hurt him. The genius noticed this and frowned.

"There's no need to apologize. I'd never hurt you either Pete. And I understand what it's like to get caught up in your work. I do it all the time! I'll go into my lab and work, and when I come out it'll be the next day! Nat calls it 'Wonderland' since I lose the concept of time," Tony rambled, trying to make the kid feel safe.

Peter smiled and nodded, comforted at the thought that he wasn't the only one to do that.

"Well, goodnight. Steve would come in too but he fell asleep early, like the old man he is," Tony laughed.

"G'night dad," Peter slipped out. He froze with horror as he realized what he'd done. But instead of a look of confusion on Tony's face he saw happiness.

"G'night son." Tony smiled and walked out of Peter's room.

As he walked into the kitchen he saw nearly jumped out of his skin. The entire team was there, apart from Steve who was sleeping. "What he hell guys! You have to warn me if you're coming over!" Tony gasped.

"Sorry Stark, but this was a bit too important to give a heads-up." Natasha said, twirling a knife.

"What's important?" Tony asked, confused.

Natasha opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by Bruce, "Spider-Man's back on the radar."