4

"Spider-Man's back on the radar."

Peter froze as he listened through the walls. They'd seen him. 'Dammit, I need to be more careful.' Peter thought, shaking his head. If they caught him now then his dads would kill him. He knew it. But he couldn't stop being Spider-Man. He wasn't ever caught by the Avengers, not even by The Hulk! How would they catch him now?Peter decided to deal with it tomorrow. So he closed his eyes and went to sleep.

-----------

Peter was only asleep for half an hour before he woke up again. He couldn't sleep. He sat up in his bed and told FRIDAY to turn on the lights. The A.I. did as he asked, and the dark room was light instead. "FRIDAY, what time is it?" Peter asked, looking up at the ceiling.

"It's twelve thirty-eight in the morning, sir," The A.I. replied instantly.

Peter sighed. He had around seven hours to kill. So why not go be Spider-Man. There might not be many crimes, yes, but Peter also needed fresh air. He felt trapped inside his room, his senses going crazy. So he put on the suit and jumped out the window, telling FRIDAY not to alert anyone while he was gone.

He swung around until he found himself back at the orphanage. He looked for his old room and found that the light was on. Of course Tyler was awake, he had insomnia. Peter smiled and decided he should go say hi to his old friend. So he swung to Tyler's window and knocked on it. Seconds later a confused looking Tyler opened it. "Spider-Man? What're you doing here?" He slurred.

"It's me, Peter! How're you?" Peter chirped happily. He had missed his friend.

"Oh yeahhh, hey Peter." Tyler laughed, attempting to lean against the wall to let Peter in. The boy was confused. Tyler never acted like this, unless...

"Tyler, are you drunk?"

"Hm? Drunk? Me? Hell yeah," Tyler giggled.

This wasn't good. Not at all. Whenever Tyler drank it was because something happened. He had a severe drinking problem when Peter met him, but Tyler slowly stopped because it hurt him to see Peter upset over it. Now Tyler only ever drank at parties and when something really bad happened.

"Why?" Peter whispered. He knew why. It was because Peter left.

"Why what? Why am I drunk? Because, I want to die, so I am," Tyler growled.

"W-what does that mean? What did you do Tyler?" He was frantic now, scared his friend had done something incredibly stupid.

"I didn't do anything, yet," Tyler said.

"Good. Let's get you to bed." Peter stepped in and took his mask off, placing it on the ground behind him. He slowly lead the drunk boy to his bed, and laid him down in it.

"Peter.. Peter... Peter! Your my roommate," Tyler laughed.

"Yup, that's me buddy." Peter smiled at his friend.

"Y'know, I never told you I was gay." Tyler said, looking into Peter's eyes. Peter stopped abruptly, shocked by what Tyler had said.

"O-oh, that's good to know," Peter laughed nervously.

"Yup," Tyler said, popping the 'p'. Peter continued tucking the sixteen year-old into the bed. He turned to leave but Tyler's hand wrapped around his own. "Stay?" Tyler begged, giving Peter his best puppy-eyes. He smiled.

"I'll stay until you fall asleep,"

Tyler nodded and closed his eyes. He fell asleep soon after, his grip on Peter's hand loosening. After an hour Peter left his friend, putting his mask on and turning out the light. He was about to leave but stopped. He turned and looked for a pen an paper and wrote a note down for Tyler.

'Hey, I stopped by last night and you were drunk. I don't know if you're gonna remember this but you told me you drank because you wanted to die. Just please, whatever you do, don't do anything, please. I love you, and I would hate to lose you as a friend. Just hang it there, for me. Please? Here's my number if you want to text me.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

-Peter Parker'

He nodded in triumph and left.

-----------

Four hours had passed and nothing had happened. Peter was just sitting on a building, his legs dangling off the side as he looked up at the stars. He had nearly fallen asleep before he heard something. His spider-senses went off and he jumped, and a shield zoomed past him. Captain America. Instead of being annoyed like he usually was, he was scared. These were his parents.

He opened his mouth to say something but stopped. They would recognize his voice. He'd have to do an accent. "What the hell man?" Peter gestured to the shield behind him.

"Well, we never try to hurt you but-" Steve started.

"So throwing me off a building wasn't hurting me. Gotcha." Peter rolled his eyes and folded his arms.

"Well, that was Tony, not me. He can speak for himself, NOW!" Steve screamed.

Peter knew what was going to happen. He'd heard Tony creeping up behind him since Steve started talking. He'd chosen not to move because he didn't want to fight.

So he quickly stepped to the side, and watched Ironman grab thin air. "Why didn't that work!" Tony groaned, frustrated.

"Buddy, my senses are dialed to an eleven. It's impossible to sneak up on me. Speaking of which, Hawkeye, stop aiming at me." Peter looked up to where the archer was. It was dark, but he could make out the outline of Clint from the moonlight.

"How the absolute hell did he know I was here?"

"Interesting! So that means you'll get overwhelmed by sound, right?" Tony asked smugly.

Peter froze. They could catch him now that they knew that. But he had a plan. Lie. "I will. But I'd recommend against that, I've already had someone try and get me using that, and let's just say I went into a coma for three days and nearly died," He lied.

Before any of the Avengers could say another word he swung off. He did so quickly, back to the tower, to safety. He climbed in through the window and changed back into pajamas.

It was five fifteen. Peter groaned. He still wasn't tired. He decided to get back to doing homework. Half an hour later he heard a knock on his door. "Come in,"

It was Tony again. The man looked tense. "Why're you still up? It's five in the morning!" Tony exclaimed.

"I'm not tired." Peter shrugged.

"Well get some sleep. I haven't gone to bed either and Steve woke up shortly after I came in, so none of us have really slept tonight." Tony said, and walked out.

Peter yawned. He turned off the light and climbed into bed. He asked FRIDAY to close the window when the sun went up.

He slept peacefully.