your weakness does not define you

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This shout-out goes to my fellow sickle cell patients.

I'd like to give 21 salutes to the warriors and the support crew.

I just got better from a really bad crisis, and I'd like to salute all of us. It's not easy, believe me I know, from having to take drugs every single effing day to having crisis due to the slightest things, to not being able to do some stuff others could do.

I'd used this time to think about someone my mum said, that my sickness does not define me, it's what I make it to be.

I didn't understand it then but after going online and seeing the shit people are saying about sickle cell, it really got to me.

Why post shit like get rid of the sickle cell carriers, that's not cool man, do u know what shit like that does to people? It motherfucking hurts knowing that people see u as some walking dead shit or something like that!

As a sickle cell patient there are somethings I'd like to hear and others that I'd like to go fuck themselves.

Instead of making anti sickle cell groups why not make a support group instead. Do u effing know how hard it is... It's like walking on eggshells anything might cause crisis.

Please know:
1. The possibility of one dying from sickle cell might as well be the same as that of malaria.
2. Sure we have to be careful with what we do and don't like much stress but that doesn't mean we can't live and enjoy life....(we're not babies people)
3. We're sensitive people so try to be more considerate would u

This doesn't apply to just sickle cell, all illnesses need support,love and care not people condensing them. So, next time u want to talk trash about someone why don't u put urself in their shoes.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Depressing stuff aside, do u know any song that u think is da bomb? It can be from any genre.