Chapter 4

When Noah stepped into the vintage cafe, his eyes were empty. He felt empty, he felt numb. His heart clenched and his body ached just thinking about what happened yesterday.

He wanted his mom safe, but he didn't want to get beaten up on a daily basis.

Kayla could sense what happened when Noah dragged his feet into the kitchen. She gave Noah a sympathetic smile as she went up to him and ruffled his hair.

Noah forced a smile as he turned around and took his apron before putting it on. Walking out of the kitchen, he faked a smile at every customer that walked in, none noticing his facade.

Noah's day continue like that, smiling, serving, writing orders. The day went by slowly, Noah prayed it'll continue to, because he didn't want to go back anytime soon.

Ryder on the other hand had his Chin resting on his palms as he stared at his Nephew, bored. "Hey chickmunk, you done playing with your dinosaur? Uncle is really really bored."

Dylan shook his head with a cheeky smile before going back to his dinosaurs.

Ryder rolled his eyes and sat back into the sofa, his thoughts trialed to Noah. Noah, Noah, Noah, he had Ryder wrapped under his pinky without him even knowing.

Just then, Ethan came in with Liam, as he handed Ryder the documents he asked for. "Have fun, Ryder," Ethan whistled and smirked at him. Ryder gave him the finger, which Liam scolded him for with hand signals, and shooed the both of them out.

Ryder pulled the documents out of the envelop.

Noah Mason
Age : 21
Gender : Male
Siblings : None
Address : xxx Road xxxxxx
Occupation : Waiter at Vintage Coffee House
Work shifts : Monday - Friday 9am-6pm (time May vary)
Child of Steven Mason & Sarah Mishra

Ryder smirked at the information. Noah Mason, Ryder just got a whole lot more interested in this boy.

Ryder picked up his phone and called Ethan. When he picked up, Ryder heard creaking and panting. Ryder rolled his eyes, "what's up boss, gotta be quick, kinda busy."

"I need you two to take care of Dylan for me. I need to head out." Ryder gagged again when he heard Ethan grunt.

"Alright, be there in 10." With that, Ethan threw his phone down and continued doing what he was doing.

When Ethan and Liam walked in, Liam was a blushing mess. It was really obvious what they were doing.

"Dylan, uncle's gonna head out for awhile, okay? Liam make sure they don't burn the house down."

Liam gave Ryder a nod as he continued to sit down beside Dylan, patting the spot beside him for Ethan to sit beside him.

Ryder hopped into his car and drove to the coffee house in no time. He couldn't lie, he missed seeing little Noah.

Shutting the door, Ryder put on his shades and walked into the vintage coffee house.

Ryder tsked softly when he couldn't find Noah around.

"Is Noah working here today?" Ryder asked Kayla, who happened to walk out of the kitchen.

"Hey there, yeah he is. He's actually been in the gents for awhile now. I can't go in so.." Kayla states worriedly.

Ryder nodded his head slightly in thanks as he made his way into the gents.

Kayla was right, Ryder saw Noah in there, but not in the best way. Noah was sobbing quietly in the corner, his legs tucked towards his chest as his head laid on his knees.

Ryder's heart broke at the sight. He walked up quietly, careful not to startle Noah. Subconsciously, Ryder tilted Noah's chin up.

"What's wrong sweet pea, anyone hurt you?" Ryder cupped his cheeks, rubbing them gently. Noah eyes widened slightly before he shut them and shook his head. "N-no.."

Noah sniffled as he fiddled with his fingers, a bad habit he does when he's lying.

"Really? Then why are you crying here alone?" Ryder raised a brow suspiciously. "Also, are you that cold?" Ryder asked as he rubbed Noah's arms, which was covered by his hoodie. Noah flinched in pain as he pulled his hands back.

Ryder narrowed his eyes as he tried to pull Noah's sleeve up. "N-no! Don't!" Noah desperately tried to push Ryder away. But everyone knew, Ryder wasn't going to waver from a slight push.

Ryder managed to pull Noah's sleeve up and it revealed all the nasty bruises that Steven inflicted on him.

Ryder's eyes darkened with his mood. "Who did this?" Ryder wasn't asking, he was demanding.

Noah shook in fear as he shook his head. His dad might've done this, but Steven was still his dad, the one who brought him up.

"Noah. You have 5 seconds before I lose my patience." Ryder growled. Noah's eyes widened again and he shook his head frantically.

"I-it's my d-dad!" Noah blurted out before he burst into another sobbing fit.

Ryder scooped Noah into his arms and carried him out into his car. People stared at him, a lot of people, but Kayla rushed to them and asked if Noah was okay.

Noah sobbed into Ryder's chest as Kayla patted Noah sadly. Ryder informed Kayla that he'll bring Noah home and take care of him. She nodded and kisses Noah's forehead gently.

When Ryder set Noah into the car, Noah clung onto him for dear life. "Don't go! Don't go!" Noah sobbed.

"I'm just in front sweetheart, I'm gonna take us home alright?" Ryder cooed as he rubbed Noah's tears away. Noah nodded slightly and sniffled.

Noah let him go as Ryder took the wheel. Ryder drove Noah to his house, constantly checking how Noah was doing at the back. Ryder mentally let out a sigh of relief when he saw that Noah stopped crying.

"Come on, we're here." Ryder opened the door for Noah as he stepped out of the car. Noah instantly grabbed onto Ryder's hands and held it tightly, afraid.

"Are you scared, sweet cheeks? There's quite a number of people here, including Dylan, Ethan and Liam." Ryder assured. Noah nodded as he he continued to hold Ryder's hands.

Noah admired how huge and beautiful Ryder's house was. "I-is this your house.." Noah asked shyly.

Ryder smirked, "Kinda. It's the gang's house, but I bought it so yeah I guess it's mine." Noah tilted his head slightly.

"Gang..?" Noah asked curiously.

Ryder cursed and slapped himself internally. "Fuck." He rubbed his face and stared at Noah. "Look, lets get inside and I'll explain okay?" Noah bit his lips and nodded.

Noah wasn't expecting so many people when they entered.

They were really loud and were all playing Mario Kart as they screamed profanities at one another. "Aye boss! Who's the new kid?" One of the hang member asked.

"This is Noah, we're gonna talk for awhile." Ryder explained as he led Noah into his office.

Ryder made Noah sit down before he looked up at the confused kitten.

"I'm a gang leader."