I

I - meeting seokjin

"seokjin, sweetie, come downstairs, please! i have someone you need to meet!"

a small 4 year old boy comes rushing down the stairs, his little red fire engine in hand. he comes to a stop, quickly taking note of the young girl with beautiful (e/c) eyes standing in his living room.

he takes quick steps across the room and hides behind his mother's leg, gripping her pants tightly in his small fist. he take occasional peeks out at the small girl, only to blush and return back to his post.

he drops his fire engine, it rolling to a stop in the middle of the room.

the little girl walks over to it slowly, picking it up in her tiny hand. she looks at it for a moment, then looks up to where the boy is hiding. she glances up at her mother as she is nudged forward.

when the boy peeks out again, he gasps at the close proximity, and grips tighter at his mother's slacks, said woman placing a calming hand on the boys head, urging him out of hiding.

he keeps his hand on his mother's pants, but steps out enough to be seen. he keeps his gaze on the floor, only looking up when he notices a pair of shoes smaller than his own right in front of him.

"here," an outstretched hand with the dropped toy hanging loosely in her palm, a huge smile graced upon the innocent features of the young girl.

seokjin can't help but to also smile, lightly retrieving the truck from the other child. "th-thank you.." he lets his arm drop to his side, but keeps smiling at the girl.

what felt like an eternity to the toddlers passed. then, like a switch, seokjin grabs y/n's hand, running up the stairs to the child's playroom.

the two maternal figures in the room follow the children with their eyes, before laughing softly and hugging each other. "how about some tea?"

meanwhile, seokjin has explained every single toy in the room to y/n, not letting go of her hand. she nods after everything he says, keeping very attentive to him.

he finishes his little tour, turning to face the adorable girl clinging to his hand. "do you wanna play with my toys y/n?" he smiles at her, taking her other hand in his as well.

the timid girl nods, looking around, seemingly overwhelmed. seokjin pulls her over to the toy-chest, opening it up, and peering into it. he pulls out a stuffed toy, a dragon, that holds a heart between its claws. he hands the toy to her, smiling wide.

"for my bestest friend!"

"forever!"