01. morning

01. morning

The continuous beeping of the cheap, plastic alarm clock sounded throughout the room as the sun seeped through the blinds, dripping onto the bed sheets and covering their closed eyelids. With a small whimper, the girl snuggles closer to the other, burying her face into her neck and away from the sunlight. The movement wakes the other girl and with her strength, she opened her eyelids and looked across the room. Clothes were scattered and forgotten on the floor from the night before and the room looked messier than it was the other day.

Chaeyoung carefully removes herself from the girl laying on top of her and sighs. She pulls the covers away from her and steps onto the soft carpet, before puhting on a pair of shorts on to cover up her nude. The brunette then turns back towards the sleeping beauty on the bed who was snoring peacefully. Chaeyoung takes a deep breath and pats the girl's knee.

"Hey, Lisa," she speaks firmly, shaking her knee a bit, "You're going to be late for work."

Lisa grumbles and pulls the sheets over head, refusing to get up. The brunette shakes her head disapprovingly and tries at her again.

"Lisa, Luca's trying to eat Joowhang."

At the sound of that sentence, Lisa jumps up and pushed herself off of the bed and out of the door with nothing but her underwear on. Chaeyoung giggles and quickly puts her hair into a bun and pulling on an oversized, red flannel over her shoulders, before walking out into the living room of their shared apartment.

Chaeyoung smiles as soon as she sees Lisa holding her small kitten that she had just gotten three weeks ago. Luca was stubborn cat, at least according to Chaeyoung. The feline was never as well behaved as Lisa's other cat, Leo. Luca would always be staring at the tank of Chaeyoung's one and only fish, Joohwang. Chaeyoung thinks that the cat is plotting some evil plan in order to get to her fish, but that was just in her mind.

"You lied," Lisa smiles, "She was just sleeping."

Lisa sets her cat down and looks toward Chaeyoung, who was walking sluggishly into the kitchen with her long flannel that showcased her smooth, long legs. Lia couldn't help but stare. She ran a hand through her blonde locks and followed her into the kitchen, pulling out the milk carton and a box of cereal from the cabinet.

"I can't believe I let you top me yesterday," Lisa comments, glancing towards Chaeyoung who was peeling an orange on the counter.

Chaeyoung smiles to herself as she looks down on her orange, "Yeah, you never let me."

"That's because I'm the dominant one," Lisa pours her milk first into a white bowl and then her cereal, which irks Chaeyoung to the bone, "Besides, I was just too tired and lazy to top yesterday."

"Excuses," the brunette scoffs, "Says the one who was moaning right under me four hours ago."

"Get off my case, Chae," Lisa retorts, chucking a crumpled paper towel her way playfully.

The two girls finish their extremely light breakfast and makes sure to check the time, which was going a bit fast according to Lisa. Her body scurries through their apartment, finding socks, shoes, clothes or whatever, trying to get herself ready in time for work, but it wasn't going in her favor at the moment.

Chaeyoung sits on the couch, watching Friends which was aired every morning at nine o'clock. Leo sits beside her, snuggling close to her thigh as she watches the television, unlike Luca who was a little bit anti-social unless it was Lisa. The brunette glanced around at Lisa who was struggling to look for something, but she already knew what it was, like always.

"It's in your closet, behind the black drawer," Chaeyoung calls out for her before Lisa could even ask, and the blonde moves immediately to that said location.

Lisa finds her favorite long, brownish-grayish, plaid coat just hanging behind her drawer in the closet, all thanks to Chaeyoung. Every morning her brain functions in a way to which she always forgets where she placed her coat so Chaeyoung takes the advantage to pick up her coat for her, putting it in the closet every night after Lisa has arrived home.

As soon as the blonde was ready with everything, bag in her hand, she bids a farewell to Chaeyoung and walks through the doors, making sure to say goodbye to their dear pets as well. The doors closes with a click and Chaeyoung sighs, looking back towards the television.

Chaeyoung and Lisa's relationship wasn't so complicated. Well, it was complicated in a simple way. They were best friends that were roommates that so happens to fuck each other each week whenever they felt like it. That was simple. The only problem was that Chaeyoung loves her. For the longest time, Chaeyoung has had feelings for her but she knows that Lisa has no intention of returning those feelings. Lisa is an oblivious person, and one day Chaeyoung would burst and confess to her. She's managed to keep it to herself for a good two years but it's getting harder by the week.

When Lisa returns home late at night, she collapses onto the couch with a grunt next to Chaeyoung who had just arrived from her work three hours ago. She sits there with her phone in her hand, scrolling through some apps or whatever, completely ignoring the blonde who is currently staring at her confusingly.

"Aren't you going to say 'Hi' to me?" Lisa asks, keeping her eyes on the brunette.

"Yeah, maybe later."

Lisa isn't quite so fond of how Chaeyoung would become so petty towards her unexpectedly on days when she's not doing so great. Today was an exception. Lisa smirks at the older girl and shakes her head.

"Okay," she replies, "How was work?"

"Same old, same old," Chaeyoung puts her phone down with a sigh, "What about you? How was work?"

Lisa scratches her head and adjusts herself in her seat, "Nothing much. Co-workers told me I should work on commitment and that I should get a girlfriend."

"Yeah?" Chaeyoung raises an eyebrow in surprise, "What did you say?"

The blonde pulls her phone out and shows her the screen, "I got this dating app they told me to get. I haven't gotten a match yet, but when I do, I'm supposed to go on a date with that person."

Chaeyoung closes her lips together tightly, thinking about how it would feel for Lisa to have a girlfriend that wasn't her. She would have to experience Lisa being lovey-dovey towards someone else other than her made her heart sink to her stomach.

"Well, have fun with that," Chaeyoung grunts without looking at her, standing up from the sofa, "I'm going to bed."

Lisa sits up and pouts, "But it's only eight."

"I'm tired," Chaeyoung admits. "And I just want to lay down."

The blonde's lips curl into smirk and she looked at the older girl up and down, "You want me to help with anything?"

"No, Lalisa."

The blonde knew that when she speaks her full first name, she was firm about her statement. Chaeyoung leaves the living room and shuts the door to her bedroom, leaving Lisa perplexed on their couch. The blonde rubs her forehead and sighs, sinking lower into her seat. She hoped the two of them would've had some action tonight, given how bad of a day she had at work with her boss rejecting her every proposal.

So, Lisa sighs and turns the television on, hoping to find something good to watch, despite the fact that all her mind could think was the other girl in the second bedroom.