05. see you later

05. see you later

Several weeks have past and the cold winter was still lingering in the air, pinking everyone's cheeks as they step out into the cold. It was mid February and Chaeyoung had woken up to her blaring alarm clock, even if she didn't even have any plans for today unless her friend, Joy, had texted her back. Waking up seemed a bit harder as the day passed but she fought through her drowsiness and always started her day with either a morning salad or a bagel made by yours truly.

Lisa had been leaving early in the morning for work, like always, but in the evening, she goes out to see her girlfriend right after work, not like always. Within the weeks that have passed, the blonde had finally asked Jennie out and it pained her everyday to know that she belonged to someone else and not her.

Chaeyoung has been avoiding her ever since. She made sure that after her shift at night, she would stall and walk extra slower than she usually would, in hopes that Lisa had fallen asleep before she could make it home. She found herself eating dinner alone often now and even during breakfast. And although that happens all the time now, the blonde makes sure to leave Chaeyoung a box of cinnamon buns from the one and only café every morning on top of the counter.

With a grunt, Chaeyoung finally pushes herself out of the comfort of her bed and walks out of her bedroom door, only to be greeted by the silence of isolation in her own apartment. She had noticed Lisa's shoes weren't present near the front door so she sighs. Her feet carry her to the sparkly, clean kitchen which she had tidied up last night but on the kitchen counter was a small paper bag with the café's logo on it. Chaeyoung's lips curve into a small smile as she pulls out the box that in it, being greeted by the strong aroma of cinnamon. Before she could do anything else with it, she notices a little pink sticky note right on top of it;

Hey, I bought you breakfast. It's the usual and I know that you don't have work today so just take everything slow and make sure to eat a healthy lunch.

P.S. please wait for me before dinner, I would really like to talk to you. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. My cats miss you and so do I.

- lisa <3

Chaeyoung stops reading and puts the box back down only to turn to look at the blonde's pet cats who were sitting near her on the marble kitchen counter. She stares at them for bit, watching the cute felines lick their paws softly with their stoic stare.

"You don't miss me. I see you everyday," Chaeyoung says to the cats, "Your mom is kinda stupid."

The brunette smiles to herself and places her box of cinnamon back into the paper bag, noticing how her hunger had ceased a few minutes ago. Instead, she pours herself a glass of milk and sits herself on the sofa, turning the television on to watch Friends that only airs at nine in the morning. She doesn't find herself laughing, though. She just stares at the cast with a pout, thinking about her internal thoughts.

She remembers the day she and Lisa had met years ago, recalling how the blonde had spilt cold, caramel iced coffee on her favorite white button down. She remembered how she fumed with anger while the blonde couldn't help but giggle every few seconds. Lisa had rubbed her chest in the process of attempting to wipe off the coffee off of her shirt but it only came off as a pervy action. Chaeyoung honestly couldn't remember how they had become friends after that but the only thing she knows is that they both ended up laughing  together after all of it was over.

She missed those times when it was just the two of them. Side by side. Partners in crime. Real best friends. She doesn't know what happened that night when Lisa came home sober from the alcohol she drank a few hours before and how she complimented Chaeyoung's body and how she was so beautiful. That one night led another thousand of the same night right after. But, even before that, Chaeyoung had started to grow feelings for her whether it was because of her goofy self, her egotistical self-image or whether it was because of how she woke up in the morning with a full on raspy voice that she loved to hear because it was so rare.