Seven

"Who is dis?" Danny asked as he stared at the strange man in front of him.

"Danny and Hunter go and clean up. I'll come to check on you soon." Olivia breathed. The boys ran to clean up, and Olivia looked at her ex.

"Brian, what are you doing here?" Olivia asked.

"Uh, I should leave then huh? Seems like you have your hands full."

"Oh, Brian... I'm sorry, but you wanted me to give Cassidy up. I couldn't do that. Elliot understood that and now we have three more boys and we are happy." She breathed.

"Four sons... and I can't even know the one that I helped you create." He huffed a bit. He turned around and walked down the steps of Olivia's house and towards his BMW. He climbed in and stared at Olivia. She turned around slowly and shut the door to her house before sighing.

"Today of all days." She mumbled, before going to see if her sons had really cleaned up their toys or if they had just pushed them under the rug as if she couldn't see the bumps.

+++

Brian went to his hotel and slammed the door shut once he was inside. He slipped his shoes off before stripping his jacket off. He loosened his tie before walking towards the minibar. He stared at it for nearly an hour, before turning around and grabbing his cell. He dialed his sponsor's number and swallowed hard.

"Brian, is it the minibar?" The older woman questioned. Brian swallowed hard as he sank down onto the bed.

"Denise, I just saw my ex and she moved on. Our son is being raised by her husband and now she has three more sons. I didn't drink, but god do I want to. I want to get high and I want to throw everything away."

"Brian, you need to move on too. Call the front desk and ask them to clear out the booze. Then I want you to find an AA meeting. Find one and talk. Listen. Then I want you to go back and ask to see your son. He's yours, and you need that closure."

"I know that they are taking care of him, but my son... my Cassidy." Brian was sobbing at this point, and his sponsor stayed on the line and just listened. This is what she hates about when those she sponsors move. They can't meet up for coffee and talk. Instead, it is a less personal conversation over the phone, and she can't make sure that they are going to meetings and staying away from the booze and drugs that got them to where they are.

"She named him after me. I bet he is the most amazing little boy in this world." Brian spoke, as he wiped tears from his cheeks.

"I bet he is too. Tell your ex about everything you've been through. Show her."

+++

Olivia was worried about Brian showing up during Cassidy's fifth birthday party. She didn't want him to ruin it all and have her son find out about the fact that Elliot isn't his real father. He is way too young to know that, and she didn't want Elliot and his relationship to be ruined.

"Hey, so Cass is napping and he is so ready for ice cream cake tonight." Elliot smiled, as he wrapped his arms around his wife. She leaned back against him and let him kiss her neck gently.

He started to try and lift her shirt up because it was rare for them to have any real time together since they are raising four boys.

"El, I need to tell you something." Olivia breathed. She turned around in his arms and she could tell that he was expected her to tell him that she was pregnant, again, but instead, he saw fear in her dark brown eyes.

"Baby?" He questioned.

"Brian showed up today while you were mini golfing with Cassidy." Olivia whimpered.

"Oh no," Elliot spoke, as he tightened his arms around his wife's waist. She closed her eyes and took a shaky breath.

"He has a good job and he wants to be with me. He said we could send our kid to private school and that he was ready to be with me, and that he hoped I was ready to be with him. God, he had to come back five years after our son was born!" Olivia exclaimed.

"He is our son, Olivia. You said you didn't know his father when we filled out the birth certificate and that's how I could adopt him. That's how he is Cassidy Elliot Benson-Stabler. That's how he is ours. Brian can fuck off." Elliot spoke. He pulled his wife closer and rubbed her back as she cried into his shoulder.

+++

The party was in full swing by 5. Elliot was cooking burgers because that was Cassidy's favorite food. Olivia and Amanda were busy chasing around five little boys and Jesse. Amanda had had another child, a little boy named Issac a few months before Olivia had Hunter.

Everyone was pretty much outside, so no one heard the knock on the front door or the trillion times that Brian rang the doorbell. 

He sighed and opened the door, before walking into the house. He had dreamed of a house like the one Elliot got Olivia. He was going to buy one as soon as he moved back to Manhattan so that he could raise his son in an amazing place with a huge backyard, but instead, Elliot and Olivia had hooked up and now they have three sons of their own and he didn't even have a girlfriend or a wife or even his son.

"Uh, anyone here?!" Brian called into the house. Olivia opened the door and carried Joey in so she could change his diaper, and she stopped when she saw Brian standing there.

"What are you doing here... again?" Olivia asked.

"I brought Cassidy a gift. I hope he doesn't have a baseball mitt." Brian spoke as he smiled a bit. He looked at the cute little boy that Olivia was holding, and he swallowed hard.

"Bria-" Olivia started. She was going to tell him it wasn't a good time, but then Fin came into the house.

"Oh, you fucking bastard."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D