Twenty-Five

Olivia stood outside of her house. She didn't know what she was doing, but all she did know was that she didn't want to walk into the house of horrors that had been her home only a few days earlier. She was out of the hospital after only a day there, but she had this special cast thing on her arm that kept the broken part of her collar bone in place. She couldn't lift up her children, and most activity was prohibitated. 

"Are you sure that you don't want to just stay at my apartment with me? There is plenty of room for us all."

"My kids have grown up here. We got this house shortly after Cassidy was born. We finally had it fixed up before I had Hunter. Like 3 days after we had finally finish the house up, Hunter arrived. I don't know why, but I feel like we should stay here. So my sons can stay in their rooms and they have a backyard to play in."

"I'll buy a house with a backyard and plenty of space for the boys to grow up. No need to fix it up, and you can spend as much money as you want to decorate it and make it a home for you." Brian spoke, and Olivia blushed a bit.

He was willing to do anything for her, and Olivia couldn't be thankful for that. But she didn't want to go from being in an abusive relationship with the father of her children, to being with the guy she has always loved deep down.

"Brian, we can't be together. Okay? Not now."

"I wouldn't expect us to jump into a relationship. To get married and stuff. No, I knew that we were going to take this as slowly as possible because of what happened. And I'm okay if we just end up being friends again."

"Are you sure?" She questioned, and Brian nodded.

"I am."

"I have to go back to work soon. Can you try and be the person to be here when the boys get home from school and when Joey wakes up from his nap? I have to be able to bring money into the house."

"I can help you. I already have a college fund set up for Cass, and I'll do the same for Hunter, Danny, and Joey."

"Bri..." Olivia trailed off, and he smiled a bit before running his hand over the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I know. Slow."

+++

Olivia helped to the best of her ability. There was still more stuff that had to be cleaned out of the house to make it Elliot free. Brian had gotten rid of Elliot's clothes, but there were items in the basement, attic, and in the office. Olivia used to use it as her office because she never had a place to get away from being a mother for a bit to work, but then it changed to Elliot's office shortly after Olivia found out she was pregnant with Danny.

"There are a lot of boxes in the basement." Olivia sighed, as she walked up the stairs and into the kitchen. Brian was patching up the last box of Elliot's items, well the last box of what they thought was Elliot's stuff. There was so much more.

"How many boxes, Olivia?" He asked.

"Well there are boxes of stuff from his old apartment. A few old couches that don't matter, his weights. Shit like that." Olivia frowned.

"We could burn down the house." He laughed softly.

"No, Bri. Sorry."

"Okay, then want me to pack everything up and take it to the dump?"

"Yeah, please. Uh, I'll take a marker and write down trash or keep."

"Before you do that, I think it's time we go get the boys."

"No, not yet. Lets get the house wiped of Elliot, then we get the boys."

+++

Elliot was labled as a wife beater. He had to be put in a cell away from everyone else after getting his ass kicked during dinner. He was injured and he knew that his life in prison was going to be shit.

"He's right there." A guard spoke, as he walked Amanda down to Elliot's cell. She was walking very slow because she wanted to make him wait. Her husband was suspended for hitting Elliot while he was in holding, but that didn't mean she couldn't come see the lovely asshole that makes her want to get sick.

"Oh, my wife's blonde bestie." Elliot sighed, as he tried to sound all tough, but in reality, he was in so much pain and wanted to die.

"Oh, the asshole that tried to kill his wife. Looks like they know what you did." Amanda smiled. She leaned against the bars of the cell, her back to Elliot.

"What are you doing here, Amanda?" Elliot sighed.

"I just thought you'd want to know that your wife is out of the hospital. She's cleaning out the house, which is no longer yours. Everything is being transfered into her name, bank account and all. Soon, before you even realize, there will be papers that needed to be signed. Divorce papers. Sign those and leave Olivia alone."

"So I should just give up the woman I lov-"

"You don't love her, Elliot! People who love other people don't try to kill those they love! You are a fucking asshole." She spat as she turned around to look at him.

"I will not let her go back to Brian Cassidy. I will not let him raise my children. I will not let him touch my wife the way I used to. I own them, and no one can try and take that away from me."

"You can't own them, Elliot. Each of them are their own person. They aren't your property. Now, sign the damn papers or I'll run down this hall and tell all of your friends that you planned on raping your wife to get her pregnant against her will!" Amanda smirked, as she yelled the last part. Elliot reached through the bars to grab Amanda by whatever he could grab, but she stepped back.

"Sign them, Stabler. Do something for her. Let her be happy, because the NYPD will make sure that your life is a living hell because you tried to kill one of our best."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D