[ five ]

[ five | red eyes ]
■●____________________●■

Estella sat in her bedroom with her MacBook set on her lap while a russet coloured, muscled, warm arm was wrapped around her, keeping her body curled into their side. It was raining so hard outside that school had been cancelled and Estella's father, Jonah was unable to get to work for the roads where flooded.

Paul had somehow managed to get to the Gomez house, though he had arrived soaking and dripping wet, so Estella had given him a pair of her dad's old grey sweatpants that only just fit and a simple maroon sweater. His hair was still damp but he looked more then comfy in the bed besides Estella who was clad in an overised jumper and leggings.

It was the first time that Paul had seen her bedroom. Polaroid pictures where hung from the fairylights strung above her bed and along the walls of her room, paintings and drawings where pinned onto the pin board above her desk and a huge map or the world was pinned to the wall the side of her bed was pressed against, coloured pins in the places she had been.

They where watching the first Iron Man film, a bowl of salted popcorn set between their legs that where close to each other, something that Estella had noticed and blushed at. She loved Marvel films and had all the films and most of the comics held safely in a set of double draws in her walking closet.

Thunder roared outside followed by a strike of lightening which made both teenagers jump, all the lights snapped off and all electricity went out. Estella frowned and paused the film, placing her laptop on her bedside table along with the half full bowl of popcorn.

"Powers out." Estella muttered and walked downstairs with Paul close behind her. "Dad!" She yelled out.

"In the kitchen." Jonah responded.

With some hesitance, Estella grasped Paul's hand and pulled him into the kitchen. The gesture made him smile and walk closely besides her as they headed into the dark kitchen where Jonah was lighting vanilla scented candles around the modern, spacious room.

"Do you want me to go flip the backup on?" Estella asked, reaching for her black, waterproof boots by the door.

"That'd be great, thanks, mija." Jonah grinned at his daughter who slipped on her boots and grabbed her dad's waterproof windbreaker from the hook.

"I can do it if you want." Paul offered, feeling wary of letting Estella go out in the dark rain on her own.

"I'll be fine, I've done it before." She assured him and grabbed a flashlight.

Paul stood by the kitchen window and watched as Estella ran across the yard and into the back shed, disappearing from his eye line which made a sense of nervousness flood his stomach and his large hands tightened into fists.

Behind him, Jonah clapped Paul on the shoulder with a smile dancing on his features. No one coy deny that Jonah was a handsome man, with his Spanish and La Push heritage, which left him with natural tanned skin and dark hair that made his deep blue eyes stand out.

"Don't worry about her, she's a brave girl." Jonah reassured Paul who stiffly nodded and smiled. "You really like her don't you?" He asked.

"Yeah, I really do." Paul told him with a blush coating his russet coloured cheeks.

"You guys'll be good together, she has a thing for you too, she's just too shy to say anything." Jonah informed the teenage boy who gave a nod.

An uncomfortable feeling washed over Paul who stiffened like a statue. His nostrils flared and the horrid scent of sickly sweet vanilla washed in his nose. Just a millisecond later, a clatter was heard from outside along with a short scream and both Paul and Jonah saw Estella fall out of the shed in pure fear.

Both of them ran outside, not bothering with shoes as they saw a woman stroll out of the shed. The scent intensified and Paul growled, running forwards with anger shaking his entire body, seeing the red haired woman ready to kill Estella had his entire figure burning with intense, burning fire.

The clothing he wore ripped into shreds as his bones cracked and shifted. A wolf took his place and he tackled the red headed woman off Estella who stared with wide eyes. Jonah collected his daughter into his arms, both of them dripping wet which neither of them cared for.

Paul as a wolf faught with the woman as they disappeared into the forest besides the Gomez home. Jonah gritted his teeth, his thoughts that Paul Lahote was a wolf where correct, he was well aware of the supernatural world and knew he had to take care of his daughter before any other vampire could hurt her.

Lifting a shaking Estella into his arms, Jonah hurried into the home and placed her on the kitchen counter, the lights where back on in the house. He helped her take the jacket and shoes off her body then took her face in his large, rough hands making her look at him.

"Your safe, Estella." Jonah assured her.

"W-What was that woman? S-She had red eyes and P-Paul turned into that w-wolf." Estella stuttered through her chattering teeth.

"That woman was a vampire, okay?" Jonah softly told her and Estella gave a small scared whimper. "It's gonna be okay, Paul will always keep you safe." He told her and she looked at him.

"W-What's gonna happen now?" Estella asked quietly.

"Paul is a wolf and apart of a park of wolves, they will protect you." Jonah reassured her, caressing her tear tracked, flushed cheeks. "Do you understand, mija?" He asked in a hard tone.

"I-I understand, papa." She whispered and nodded her head slightly. "Where's Paul?" She quietly asked.

The front door opened and both of them jumped, Jonah grabbed a large knife from the knife block from the kitchen counter to the right of him. Paul walked into the kitchen, wearing a pair of denim shorts but was dry, his hair was damp but he wasn't concerned by that.

"Estella." Paul breathed out in relief and walked towards them with hesitance, not wanting to scare Estella who had seen him become a wolf only moments ago.

"Paul! A-Are you okay?" Estella hurried towards him and hugged Paul who instantly wrapped his arms around her small, shaking frame.

"I'm fine, are you okay? Did she hurt you?" He asked, his body was shaking at the thought of Estella been hurt.

"I'm okay, she didn't hurt me, I might have a bruise on my butt but I'm a-okay." Estella reassured him and squeezed his torso tightly which soothed his shaking.

"She's never gonna hurt you again, no one is gonna hurt you, I promise you." Paul told Estella, kissing the top of her head softly.