[ twelve ]

[ twelve | bella swan ]
[ one month later | february ]

■●____________________●■

Estella loved spending time with Emily. She loved the woman dearly and while they weren't related by blood, they did share family, she saw her a sort of motherly figure, she didn't hold her and Sam accountable for what happened with Leah, mainly because she knew Imprinting was uncontrollable.

She currently sat in the woman's home which she lived in with Sam, and the pair where making blueberry muffins for the boys who where out on patrol, she missed Paul already. They spent nearly every waking moment with each other, and when he was on patrol, all she wanted was him to be there and hold her in his strong arms.

While Emily was much older than Estella, nearly ten years older, she had a youthful face of someone in their early twenties, despite having three claw-like scars running down the side of her face, neck and arm. Estella remembered when Paul told her what happened, and why he and the boys where sometimes unconfortable transforming in the vicinity of humans just in case of a freak accident, she understood what he meant but knew he would never hurt her.

"So, when do you think the wedding will be?" Estella asked softly, washing her hands in the sink as Emily placed the tray of muffins in the oven.

"We're still saving up some money, so probably next year, honey." Emily told the sixteen year old who nodded.

"I can't wait for it, it'll be beautiful." She gushed, sitting down at the kitchen table with a bright smile on her lips.

Emily chuckled, watching as Estella pulled out some of her Spanish homework and began to go through the worksheet with ease. Estella couldn't help but feel chilly, despite been inside a cosy home, and reached into her bag to pull out one of Paul's hoodies, pulling it on over her head and it hung on her petite figure, providing her with warmth.

She completed the worksheet for Spanish and pulled out her Biology textbook to study for her upcoming test, she made flashcards since she could then help Paul study also since he would only study if he got a reward of a kiss from herself, it was cute, and the thought of him sitting with pouted lips made a soft grin lift to her plush lips.

A moment later Jared came bounding into the home, just as Emily pulled the muffins out of the oven and began placing them on a plate. He ruffled Estella's hair before sitting down, sending a wink towards the girl who playfully glared at him and moved to tuck her legs under her body.

"Who's this?" Emily asked, and Estella looked to see Bella Swan walking in after Embry, the girl looking awkward and Estella felt shy in the new company.

"Bella Swan, who else." Jared stated and looked at the Biology textbook, his face paling. "Shit! We have that test on Monday!" He groaned and Estella laughed softly at him.

"Hmm, so, your the vampire girl?" Emily asked and turned back to place more muffins on the large plate.

"So your the wolf girl?" Bella resorted making Emily softly laugh.

"Guess so, well I'm engaged to one." She replied, setting the plate down and instantly, Jared, Embry and Estella reached for one with childlike grins. "Save some for your brothers, and ladies first, muffin?" Emily glanced at Bella.

"Sure, thanks" Bella replied awkwardly and moved to hesitantly grab one.

"Leave it to Jake to find a way around Sam's gag order." Emily sighed.

"He didn't say anything to me." Bella defended.

"That's a wolf thing, alpha's orders get obeyed wether we want them to or not, oh and check it out, we can read each others thoughts." Embry told the girl.

"Dude can you shut up, these are trade secrets, dammit, this chick runs with vampires." Jared scolded playfully and Estella giggled into her muffin.

"You can't really run with vampires." Bella stated in a defensive way and Emily chuckled. "Because their fast." She finished and Estella felt herself shiver, remembering when she had been attacked by a vampire.

"Yeah, well we're faster, freaked out yet?" Jared taunted.

"Your not the first monsters I've met." Bella replied which made Estella's blood boil, they weren't monsters.

"They aren't monsters." She snapped, cheeks flushing as all the attention went onto her, and she averted her attention to her muffin.

"Jake's right, your good with weird." Sam suddenly entered the house and moved towards Emily, peppering her face with light kisses.

Estella saw Jake and Paul shoving one another as they entered the house and instantly jumped up to greet him. She walked into his arms, slipping her own around his bare torso and his heavy arms dropped to drape around her body, one of his hands cradling the back of her neck and the other gripping her hip on the opposite side to his hand.

She sank into his warm chest and pulled back with a bright smile on her face, he grinned and cupped her jaw, pressing a light kiss to her nose, both her eyelids, her cheeks and finally her lips which stopped her giggling. Paul noticed Bella and Jake pass them to leave but didn't pay attention as he continue to kiss his sweet imprint until she pulled away.

"How was patrol?" She asked innocently and he frowned slightly.

"Get your things, baby, I'll tell you in the car." He rubbed his thumbs against her jaw and she nodded.

Paul watched her place her things neatly into her bag then move to hug Emily who squeezed the girl tightly then shoved two muffins into her hands. Estella grinned then retunred back to Paul's side, handing him a muffin before they linked hands and walked outside to Paul's truck.