WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME

*the image attached was made by me💞*
"Press my cheek against the glass(gloss? Lmao) , just be good till I get back."

"I thought I wouldn't care." She sighs, tears pouring out of her eyes making it difficult for me to compose myself. "I really did, Luke. And I was. I was for so long, but-" She wraps her hands around my wrist while stopping her sentence, causing us both to just stare in silence. "Aren't you coming in?" I nod slightly, closing the door behind me. "Uhm. Who's house is this anyway?" I minorly shift the conversation.

She stops in her tracks that led to this living room that is still unknown to me. "Uh, How'd you even find me?"

"I called the moving truck company to see where they dropped off all the stuff that I owned that was taken outta my house." I let out a breathy laugh toward the end, understanding the stupidity behind it. Her eyes grow wide as if she felt stripped of her personal information.

"That's confidential information, they can't just-"

"I have a lot of money, sweetheart."

She smiled tiredly. "Fair enough." She takes in a deep breath as I heard approaching footsteps. "It's my dad's place. He just moved out to California a couple weeks ago-" Once the approaching footsteps became a man standing behind her, I brought my hand out of my jacket pocket to shake his.

"Good evening, sir."

"It's been too long, son. You look so different." He willingly shakes my hand. "Yeah, it's been a couple years." I smiled. "What brings you to California?"

"Well, Rebecca told me how you're gonna leave her for tour soon, so I figured why not be here for her when you're not." He tries to sound sincere, however I could practically feel the shade run through him. No smile can soften harsh words.

"Did she tell you the part where she didn't want to come with me?" He gives a quick glance to his daughter through the corner of his eye, returning his gaze straight back to me. "I don't believe you two are in a position right now for her to go with you."

"Right, so running away is solving the problem?" I lose more respect the more I speak. "Believe me, I know. You think it's better to get up and go but then they're gone, and it fucking kills you. If leaving your daughter is what I was doing, I wouldn't show up at your house at 5 in the morning to tell her how bad I fucked up. So listen, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, but I'm not just gonna get up and give up on this. And you can't just walk back into her life after 3 years and judge her boyfriend's character or her relationship. You don't know her, you don't know me, and you sure as fuck don't know us."

His stare was harder than a rock, chest heaving from the blood pulsing rapidly through him. "You don't tell me where I stand with my daughter. Get out of my house." I scoff and place both my hands back into my jacket pockets. I don't close the door behind me, rather I leave it open and stand right in front. "What are you doing?" Rebecca's father questions as she stays timidly in the corner. "I'm not in your house."

I hear her quiet giggle before she subsides it by biting on her bottom lip. "Bec. We needa talk."

"She doesn't-"

Rebecca starts to walks toward me when I interrupt her father's wishes. "You don't tell me where I stand with your daughter." With that he walks away angrily, muttering curse words as he fades into the farther back of the house.