EMPTY WALLETS

"I always believed in second chances, I always believed in you." || "we got a whole night, won't you live it with me?"

"We should, uh. Get going." Calum shoots a look to Michael and Ashton. Both boys decided to get more comfortable on the hotel bed rather than listen to Calum's attempt to leave.

"I spent so much time consumed in how to get you to fall back in love with me, that I forgot to keep falling in love with you." I shrugged. I don't even know if I knew that. I was talking out of my ass and just maybe have finally came to the conclusion. Her facial expressions don't seem to agree with my epiphany.

She shook her head in frustration as she interrupted my thoughts. "We never fell out of love with each other, Luke. I even forgot about the whole situation for a whole ass two fucking years, because I trust and love you with everything in me. The only thing that stirred the thought in my brain is that you were going on tour again, to the same fucking venue, in the same fucking country where all that shit happened." She turned her face to stare right at Ashton, who you can tell looks guilty. "And for your information, if I must remind you, I was here before this lifestyle was." Ashton was about to defend himself, however Rebecca didn't even let him start. "And to say I'm taking advantage of the band's success is utter bullshit because believe me, if I had it my way, I'd wake up to him everyday, and eat dinner with him every evening and we'd travel the world, together, hand in hand, and not while he's working and I'm across the world, forced to be without him for months on end." Calum got up and left, not wanting to create a show out of it. However, Michael and Ash sat frozen. They couldn't move if he tried. "I support it. I really do, because it makes you happy and because I saw how hard you guys worked for it. But don't for a second forget how it affects the people you're leaving behind."

She takes a step away from the bed and closer to me, heaving through her frustration. She wasn't angry, not even by a long shot. She just needed to get her point across. Ashton lifted his head up from the ground. "I was out of line, Bec. You're right. I know it's not easy for you, I'm sorry." She fiddles with her shirt covered in roses. "I'm sorry for getting so heated." He just smiled, silently accepting her apology and walking out of the hotel room, leaving just Rebecca, Michael and I. "Hey, don't start shouting at me. I've convinced to the best of my ability to keep you two together." Michael said, throwing his hands up in surrender. A slight smile formed on my lips and Becca chuckled lightly. "Maybe that isn't the best thing though."

My head shot up fast enough for me to hear a crack in my neck. My eyebrows furrowed looking back at Mike anxiously. He gulped and scratched at his head. "Uh, I'm-" He started to walk out when Rebecca grabbed a hold of his arm. "Would you hate me if I told him?"

Mike shook his head softly. "I'm scared for his reaction."

"I don't want a happy reaction, I want a happy ending." She stared so hard into his eyes that tears started to form. "Want to stop talking as if I'm not in the room?" I harshly spit out, clenched fists at my sides. Michael just nods, almost approving something, and walked out. She walked over to the bed and sat on it, patting next to her. "C'mere. We need to talk."

I exhale loudly, taking a seat next to her. She plays around with her fingers, head hung down, until I reached out to them causing her to stop and look up at me. "Sorry." She muttered. I just shrug, ever so slightly might I add, too afraid to even move a muscle. Even to blink for that matter. "I don't like when you do that." She finally comes out, a sigh following soon after.

"When I do what?"

"Blame yourself. For-" She motions to the space between us. "Us." I sat as still as a statue. She took note of this, comfortingly moving her thumb across my leg. "Do you have anything to say?" I just stare coldly. She took it as enough of a response. "We tried to fix this, and I believe why it's not working is because we lost ourselves, and you're hurt and I'm hurt and we can't fix each other while we ourselves are hurting, cause we're just making it worse." I stare blankly at her, no expression evident in my face.