Chapter 1

Picture of Ella on top

"Ella" Snape called up the stairs

He waited and then called a bit louder "Ella we're going to be late"

"I'm coming" Ella said running down the stairs

"Don't-" Snape didn't get to finish because their was a loud crash

"Run" he finished as he saw her laying on the ground at the bottom of the stairs, she fell, again.

"sorry" She apologized

"are you alright?" Snape asked holding out his hand

"yes" Ella said taking his hand and he helped her up

She dusted off her clothes and smiled. Snape shook his head, she's so clumsy. Snape used a spell and their luggage disappeared. He took her hand and they apparated to Hogwarts. They were late.

"yay we're late" Ella cheered

"Ella" Snape gave her a look

"sorry papa" she giggled and Snape led her into the Great Hall, he put her in line for sorting and left.

-

I think the feast's already started," said Ron, dropping his trunk at the foot of the front steps and crossing quietly to look through a brightly lit window. "Hey - Harry - come and look - it's the Sorting!"

Harry hurried over and, together, he and Ron peered in at the Great Hall.

A small, brown haired girl had been called forward to place the hat on her head. Harry's eyes wandered past her to where Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster, sat watching the Sorting from the staff table. Several seats along, Harry saw Gilderoy Lockhart, dressed in robes of aquamarine. And there at the end was Hagrid, huge and hairy.

"Hang on..." Harry muttered to Ron. "There's an empty chair at the staff table... Where's Snape?"

"Maybe he's ill!" said Ron hopefully.

"Maybe he's left ," said Harry, "because he missed out on the Defense Against Dark Arts job again!"

"Or he might have been sacked!" said Ron enthusiastically. "I mean, everyone hates him--"

"Or maybe," said a very cold voice right behind them, "he's waiting to hear why you two didn't arrive on the school train."

Harry spun around. There, his black robes rippling in a cold breeze, stood Severus Snape. He was a thin man with sallow skin, a hooked nose, and greasy, shoulder-length black hair, and at this moment, he was smiling in a way that told Harry he and Ron were in very deep trouble.

"Follow me," said Snape.

-

"We'll go and get our stuff," said Ron in a hopeless sort of voice.

"What are you talking about, Weasley?" barked Professor McGonagall.

"Well, you're expelling us, aren't you?" said Ron.

Harry looked quickly at Dumbledore.

"Not today, Mr. Weasley," said Dumbledore. "But I must impress upon both of you the seriousness of what you have done. I will be writing to both your families tonight. I must also warn you that if you do anything like this again, I will have no choice but to expel you."

Snape looked as though Christmas had been canceled. He cleared his throat and said, "Professor Dumbledore, these boys have flouted the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry, caused serious damage to an old and valuable tree - surely acts of this nature--"

"It will be for Professor McGonagall to decide on these boys' punishments, Severus," said Dumbledore calmly.

"They are in her House and are therefore her responsibility." He turned to Professor McGonagall. "I must go back to the feast, Minerva, I've got to give out a few notices, and their's a delicious-looking custard tart I want to sample--"

Snape shot a look of pure venom at Harry and Ron as Dumbledore left. Professor McGonagall, who was still eyeing them like a wrathful eagle said "You'd better get along to the hospital wing, Weasley, you're bleeding."

"Not much," said Ron, hastily wiping the cut over his eye with his sleeve. "Professor, I wanted to watch my sister being Sorted-

"The Sorting Ceremony is over," said Professor McGonagall. "Your sister is also in Gryffindor."

"Oh, good," said Ron.

"Severus, Ella is in Slytherin" Professor McGonagall said, Harry and Ron looked at each other questionably

"That's good to know" Snape said walking out the door

"Professor, who's Ella?" Harry asked

"His adopted daughter" McGonagall answered

"He, has a daughter" Ron asked surprised

"you could say that" McGonagall said

Ron walked out for a minute and Harry turned to Professor McGonagall "Professor, I was wondering if my sister is a wizard too?"

"Only time will tell Potter" She answered

"I knew you would say that" Harry sighed and Ron re-entered

Professor McGonagall raised her wand again and pointed it at Snape's desk. A large plate of sandwiches, two silver goblets, and a jug of iced pumpkin juice appeared with a pop.

"You will eat in here and then go straight up to your dormitory," she said. "I must also return to the feast."

-

"Well well well, look what we have here. Why, if I had a face like yours, I'd sue my parents" A blonde haired boy said laughing which the two boys behind him joined him in laughing.

Ella looked at him confused, he has a stupid look on his face. He's kinda cute though, wait, is he bullying her?

"But then again your parents are dead so I guess you can't sue them" the boy said rudely

Ella scoffed "You must have been born on a highway, after all, that's where most accidents happen"

The boy smirked "nice comback, your not that bad, I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy"

"I'm Ella, Ella Potter" she replied

"I know" Draco said smirking

"right, they said my name when I got sorted" Ella said a bit embarrassed

"So why are you in Slytherin while your brother is a filthy Gryffindor?" Draco asked rudely

"You know my brother, he's here at Hogwarts?" Ella asked

"of course, didn't you know?" Draco asked confused

"No, I've never met him, Professor Snape is my dad. He raised me" Ella explained

"Snape, your foster father, I don't believe it" Draco said

"Why not Mr. Malfoy" A voice said from beind Draco

Draco turned around "professor Snape"

"Ella is indeed my foster daughter. She may be Poter's sister by blood, but I raised her and I love her as my own daughter" Snape said sharply

"Yay" Ella cheered stupidly

"She's a bit slow in the head and clumsy, I hope you'll watch over her" Snape said

"Yes sir" Draco said smirking at Ella and Snape walked away

"Well for a Potter, I think you'd make a good Slytherin" Draco admited

Ella smiled "I wouldn't want it any other way"

Draco smiled back "I think this is the start of a new friendship"