Chapter 25

"Harry Potter"

Harry sat there, aware that every head in the Great Hall had turned to look at him. He was stunned. He felt numb. He was surely dreaming. He had not heard correctly. There was no applause. A buzzing, as though of angry bees, was starting to fill the Hall; some students were standing up to get a better look at Harry as he sat, frozen, in his seat. 

Up at the top table, Professor McGonagall had got to her feet and swept past Ludo Bagman and Professor Karkaroff to whisper urgently to Professor Dumbledore, who bent his ear toward her, frowning slightly. Harry turned to Ron and Hermione; beyond them, he saw the long Gryffindor table all watching him, openmouthed. 

"I didn't put my name in," Harry said blankly. "You know I didn't." Both of them stared just as blankly back.

At the top table, Professor Dumbledore had straightened up, nodding to Professor McGonagall.

"Harry Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!" 

"Go on," Hermione whispered, giving Harry a slight push.

"No surprise here" Draco whispered to Ella "he's a glory hog"

"Draco" Ella hissed annoyed "that's my brother, he didn't put his name in"

"All I'm saying is that he always shows off and he always somehow gets dragged into this stuff" Draco defended himself

Harry got to his feet, trod on the hem of his robes, and stumbled slightly. He set off up the gap between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables. It felt like an immensely long walk; the top table didn't seem to be getting any nearer at all, and he could feel hundreds and hundreds of eyes upon him, as though each were a searchlight. The buzzing grew louder and louder. After what seemed like an hour, he was right in front of Dumbledore, feeling the stares of all the teachers upon him.

"Well.. . through the door, Harry," said Dumbledore. He wasn't smiling.

Harry moved off along the teachers' table. Hagrid was seated right at the end. He did not wink at Harry, or wave, or give any of his usual signs of greeting. He looked completely astonished and stared at Harry as he passed like everyone else. Harry went through the door out of the Great Hall. The other champions and the teachers followed.

"I know my brother Draco, he wouldn't deliberately put himself in danger" Ella told him

"I'm not going to fight with you" Draco sighed "I'm just glad it was his name and not yours"

Ella covered his mouth, he grabbed her hand and pulled it off.

"What are you doing?" Draco questioned confused

"Don't jinx me" Ella pouted

Draco looking her hand that he was still holding, he brought it to his lips and placed a kiss on her hand.

"I'd never want something bad to happen to you" Draco said

Ella blushed and pulled her hand away while Draco chuckled.

-

Ella waited outside the Great Hall for Harry to come out, it's been awhile. The doors opened and out came Diggory and Harry. Diggory headed to the Hufflepuff dormatorys while Harry headed for Gryffindor.

"Harry" Ella called out to him

Harry turned around, he walked over to her and hugged her.

"I didn't put my name in Ella, I swear" Harry said seriously

"I know" Ella said pulling out of the hug "what's going to happen?"

"I have to participate" Harry replied