Chapter 29

Time was slipping away as though somebody had bewitched the clocks to go extra-fast. There was a week to go before February the twenty-fourth...there were five days to go...three days to go... with two days left till the second task, Ella noticed Harry started to go off food again.

"Ella eat" Draco tells her as he pushes her plate to her "stop staring at your brother"

"I can't help it" Ella says, picking up her fork "I'm worried about him"

"as much as I'd love for your brother to lose dear, he'll win" Draco tells her "because he's Harry fricken Potter"

"Lighten up, your just jealous of my brother's success" Ella teases then throws her hands up "but you have me as your amazing girlfriend, so you're a winner anyway"

Draco chuckles "silly girl, let's get to class"

Whether Hagrid was trying to make up for the Blast-Ended Skrewts, or because there were now only two skrewts left, or because he was trying to prove he could do anything that Professor Grubbly-Plank could. Hagrid had been continuing her lessons on unicorns ever since he'd returned to work. 

It turned out that Hagrid knew quite as much about unicorns as he did about monsters, though it was clear that he found their lack of poisonous fangs disappointing. Today he had managed to capture two unicorn foals. Unlike full-grown unicorns, they were pure gold.

"Easier ter spot than the adults," Hagrid told the class. "They turn silver when they're abou' two years old, an' they grow horns at aroun four. Don' go pure white till they're full grown, 'round about seven. They're a bit more trustin' when they're babies...don' mind boys so much....C'mon, move in a bit, yeh can pat 'em if yeh want...give 'em a few o' these sugar lumps...." Hagrid moved aside to talk to Harry

"Draco look they're so cute" Ella squealed

"If you like them so much after we get married I'll get one for you to keep as a pet" Draco says

"M-Married" Ella blushes and turns to him "Who said we'd get married!"

"Me" Draco replies smirking at her reaction

Ella puts her hands on her hips "and who said I'd say yes"

"Also me" Draco replies putting an arm around her waist

Ella looks away "...w-we'll see"

"What was that?" Draco questions smirking

"shut up" Ella blushes

-

The next day Draco and Ella were outside by the lake doing homework together when Blaise approached them.

"We're busy" Draco tells him without looking up "Can't whatever you want wait?"

"Not really" Blaise says "Snape wants to see Ella in his office"

Draco sighs in annoyance

"wouldn't want to upset my father now do you?" Ella asks teasingly

"No" Draco huffs

"I'll see you later sweetheart" Ella kisses his cheek before following Blaise off

But Draco did not see Ella later, or for the whole night. When morning came he was even more surprised that she wasn't there. It was the day of the second task, surely she'd be there to watch her brother right?

-

The entrance hall contained a few last-minute stragglers, all leaving the Great Hall after breakfast and heading through the double oak doors to watch the second task. They stared as Harry and Ron flashed past, sending Colin and Dennis Creevey flying as they leapt down the stone steps and out onto the bright, chilly grounds.