E P I L O G U E

Epilogue

♪ Soundtrack: Into You by Fern. ♪

Sometimes, it's not only our mistakes that will teach us lessons and make us grow as an individual. Apart from, there's the inevitable reoccurrence, it will teach us lessons and let us grow through having to experience all over again all the sufferings and sacrifices.

Back then, I didn't have the choice but to experience it, and just recently, I didnt have the choice but to get used to it.

May mga pangyayari talaga sa buhay natin na hindi lang isang beses darating, at wala tayong magagawa kung hindi ang tanggapin iyon. In my case, experiencing it for the second time and having to go through the pain again somehow taught me things but not made me get used to it.

I wouldn't ever get used to it, the pain and the sufferings, I didn't want to get used to it. Not when it involved people so precious to me.

The things it taught me?

No time can heal wounds but self-forgiveness and self-realization, no other person can ever replace someone's worth in your heart, not even someone very close to your heart. And I had learned that no matter how hard you try to make people stay with you forever, certain was, you don't hold their fates just like how you don't hold yours… so treasure them, learn to treasure them.

Matapos tumunog ng oven na siyang hudyat na tapos na ang niluluto naming Beef Lasagna ni Tita Janna ay hinubad ko na ang puting apron ko. Naka-ugalian na namin pareho ang magluto ng kung ano tuwing Saturday. I would always drop all my plans—I didn't really set plans for the day—and would always visit Park Residence to bond with her.

May pasok ako tuwing Sabado sa U-Co. para sa internship ko pero hapon naman madalas ang bonding namin ni Tita Janna kaya half-day lang ako every Saturday. Napa-aga lang talaga ako ngayon dahil may lakad ako.

She would teach me new dishes—some she invented herself and we would prepare it for her family. Minsan ay nag-pi-prepare ako ng para kay Daddy kapag bumibisita ako sa office niya sa Makati dahil sa U-Co. Taguig ako. So far, I had already learned few dishes to cook, only those that didn't take much effort to cook.

I ironed the tail of the dress I wore with my palms 'cause there was a reason why I dressed up in the first place. It was a black body-con dress that was halter-top, its fitted end that hugged my legs only reached the above of my knees. I planned to give Jimin a heart attack through a surprise visit to his freelance work—which was by the way, I was still not very situated with.

Ni hindi ko alam kung bakit kailangan niya pang magtrabaho. I wasn't saying that his parents were still there to support him but technically, it wasn't only his parents' money that fed him. His name itself was an investment, like us, he also held stocks from different companies and was earning consequently.

Kung hindi ba naman umiiral ang kaharutan niya at parang gustong-gusto yata ang atensyong nakukuha niya.

That brute, he had been an headache to be honest.

Hindi nga siya pumasok sa music industry pero pumasok naman sa pag-mo-model, tuwang-tuwa tuloy ang mga brands na pinipirmahan niya ng kontrata dahil bentang-benta ang kaguwapuhan niya.

Somehow, modelling was a lot more fine that singing, at least, he didn't have a mass audience.

"Smack his ass when you caught him, Hannan. Manang-mana sa Daddy niyang tila may magnet yata kaya lapitin ng mga babae," natatawang sabi ni Tita Janna habang abala siya sa paglalabas ng Lasagna mula sa loob ng oven. "And I don't even want to think about my youngest son 'cause he's also stressing. He has been bringing here his girl classmates for their project, I don't know anymore."