My Name Is Yolanda

I had originally started this story on another website but I want to edit it and finish it on here.

    I was only 10-years-old when I got jumped into South Side Locos. My cousin Maribel was right there with me. We're the same age and we grew up on the same block so we did everything together, even this.

    I'm 18-years-old now, and I'll always wonder how my life would have been if I had chosen a different path. But what can I do? No matter how hard I try to be good, it's in my blood. I can't help it, I love this vida. Besides, when I got jumped in I made a promise, a promise to be in this Por Vida. And nobody is gonna change that. 

°

°

    "Yol." I could hear Ana coming down the hallway.
    "Que quieres?" I asked her as I was flipped over scrunching my curls.
    She stopped in my doorway, "Are you still coming with me to that party tonight?"
    "You said there's gonna be pisto right?" I flipped my hair back and looked at her as I continued to style my hair.
    "Duhh."
    "Then, yeah I'm down." I smiled and then sat down infront of my mirror so I could start doing my make up.
    "Ok. But please dress pretty, and not like a cholita."
    "Yeah, yeah." I said.
    "Thank you." She smiled and walked away.

    Incase you were wondering, Ana's my older sister. She was right there with me and Maribel growing up. She's 2 years older than us so she taught us a lot. We're all close, always have been.

    Ana came into my room to see if I was ready. She was wearing black skinny jeans, and a white strapless shirt. Her burgundy hair was curled.
    "Look at you Yoli, You look so pretty." She said smiling.
    "So do you," I smiled back at her, "but only because you copied me."
    She laughed and rolled her eyes. I was wearing a tight white T-shirt with black highwaisted jeans."Let's go, Mari's waiting for us."
    About 15 minutes later we arrived at the party. When I got in there I started searching for the cooler right away.
    "You need some help?" I heard someone ask me. I turned around to see a tall vato. He had a fade, and pretty brown eyes. He was cute as fuck. He was wearing a plain T and some South Poles.
    "Uh, yeah, where's the pisto at?"
    He laughed and oh my god he has such a cute smile, I love his dimples.
    "Come on it's over here."
    I followed him into the kitchen.
    He handed me a Corona, "Here you go, enjoy."
    "Oh I will, thanks." I smiled and left to go find the girls. 
    I found them sitting on a couch giggling. "What's so funny aye?"
    Mari spoke up, "He's fine girl."
    Then Ana Chimed in "And he's into you girl."
    I didn't answer I just shook my head and took another sip.
    I went to grab another beer then I bumped into someone. "Watch where the fuck you're going aye."
    "Damn, my bad girl."
    I turned around, "Oh, it's you."

Let me know what you guys think so far and don't forget to Vote if you like it.