My name is Yolanda Pt. 2

First I would like to thank the people who have voted and read this story so far. It means a lot to me. Don't forget to Vote at the end of this part if you liked it. It let's me know that you want me to keep going ❤

    "Damn, my bad girl."
    I turned around, "Oh, it's you." It was the same guy from earlier.
    We were making small talk about the food at the party when I heard some slow jams go on in the background, we both looked around awkwardly. I was about to tell him goodbye and walk back to the girls. But then he spoke up.
    "I, uhh..." He looked down for a second before asking me, "Did you want to dance?"
    "I don't know... I don't really dance."
    "Just follow my lead." He had his hand out as an invitation so I took it and he lead me to the living room where couples were already around us dancing.
    "Okay now put your arms around my neck, yeah like that." I felt his hands on my lower back. "Is this cool?"
    "Yeah it's fine." He held me close and it felt like the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy.
    "So you got a name?" He asked.
    "Nah, my parents still haven't decided yet."
    He laughed, "Alright let me rephrase that. So, what's your name?"
    "My name is Yolanda."
    "I'm Nico it's nice to meet you, Yolanda."
    "Igualmente."
    It didn't take long for us to get comfortable. We were joking and talking as we danced to the next few songs.
    We took a break and went to go get some more to drink. As we were on our way to the cooler I heard a girl say.
    "Who the fuck is this bitch??"
    Damnn someone's about to throw down. I turned around to see the drama and realized the girl was looking at me. So I told her "Um, who the fuck are you?"
    "I'm his fucking lady."
    This time Nico answered her, "Hiliana, for the last time we aren't together anymore. When are you gonna get that through your head?"
    Just then another girl walked up and spoke to Nico, "A Loco, is this bitch fucking with you again? Because I have no problem beating her ass."
    "Na, it's cool Gina, she was just leaving."
    "Good, cuz nobody wants this puta around."
    She looked at the both of them and said. "Fuck this, this party's lame anyways. I'm out." And she left.
    Nico pulled Gina aside and  they talked briefly, but I didn't hear anything that was said, I was trying not to be a chismosa. He walked over and put his arm around my shoulders. "By the way, this is my new lady."
    I laughed, "I am not his lady, we just met tonight. But what's up, I'm Yolanda." I extended my hand for a handshake.
    She accepted, "I'm Gina, but they call me Guera."
    "It's nice to meet you."
    "Igualmente." She turned to Nico, "I'm gonna get back to the homies, alright? Alratos vato."

    After she was out of sight he turned to me "I'm sorry about that, my ex is... she's something."
    "Esta bien, don't even trip."
    Anna walked over to me, "Hey, are you ready?"
    "What, you're ready to leave already?"
    She rolled her eyes, "Yeah, Mari's sick. She drank way too much."
    I turned to Nico, "Alright. Well it was nice meeting you Nico." I turned to walk away.
    "Wait."
    "Yeah?"
    "Can I atleast get your number?"
    "What's your number? I'll send a text."
    I saved his number and we left.

    We finally got home, but I wasn't tired yet so I just changed into some shorts and a tank top and started watching tv. 
    Then I remembered that I still hadn't texted him so I did. We texted a little back and forth that night until I fell asleep.

    The next morning I woke up to the smell of pancakes. I walked into the kitchen and found Ana cooking.
    "Mmm that smells so good."
    "Pos, eat I have some done already." I grabbed my plate and we sat down to eat. 

    "So do you wanna go to the mall later?" Ana asked me.
    "I want to, but I'm going to go see dad." She got quiet. "Why don't you come with me? He misses you Ana..."
    "I just don't want to, ok?" She always got a little testy when I mentioned our dad.
    "Alright.. But you can't hate him forever..." I left to my room and started getting ready for the day. And then I just sat and waited until it was time to go, so I took out my phone and texted Nico.

Text Messages

Nico: R u busy tonight?

Me: No, y wassup?

Nico: Did u wanna kick it?

    I looked at the clock, it read 1:25pm. Fuck, I better go, I don't want to be late. I texted him back that I was down. Then I hopped in my car, turned up the music and left.