The Kiss

I sat down at the first table I saw open and waited until I finally saw him.
    "Hola mija, como has estado?" He said.
    "Good just been working a lot, y tu dad?"
    "I've been okay. I miss you guys like crazy. Y tu hermana, Donde esta?"
    "She had some errands to run." I said
    He just said, "Oh... " And looked down at his hands.
    I put my hand on his and said, "No te aguites dad, she'll come when she's ready."

    I changed the subject in an effort to cheer him up and we kept talking until I had to leave. I hated leaving him there, he's been in since I was 8, and he ain't getting out anytime soon. I miss him, I wish things would have never changed and that we could all be a happy family again. But I have to get over it cause that shit's never gonna happen.
    When I got home no one was there so I went to go change into something a little cuter. High wasited shorts with a pink tank top. Then I texted Nico, we agreed to meet at the park by my house. I gave him the directions and I headed there myself. I was there about 5 minutes before he showed up so I decided to sit on the swings.
    When he got there he came and sat down by me, we said what's up but things were awkward for a moment until I said "You wanna walk around, or what?"
    "Yeah, lets go." He said.
There was a small path near the park that lead to a little picnic table that was all by itself. We went and sat on top of the table with out feet on the bench. I pulled out a blunt and asked, "Do you smoke?"
    "Of course." He said.
    "Good, so it won't bother you if I smoke by you?"
    "No, not at all." He was trying to play it off.
    I laughed and then I took a hit, "I'm joking, vato. I'm not stingy like that."
    "Shit, if anything I was just gonna bust out my own."
    "That's fair." I smiled.

    We finished up and chilled there talking for a bit.
    "And your parents?" He asked me.
    "Well, my mom died when I was 8, and my dad's en la pinta."
    "I'm sorry." He grabbed my hand.
    I shrugged my shoulders, and let go of his hand. "It's cool... That's life. Fucked up shit happens, but you just gotta keep your head up and move on."
    "Simon..."
    "And you?" And I said trying to change the subject from myself.
    "What about me?" He said.
    "Tell me about your family."
    "Right now I live with my mom and mi abuelita."
    "And your dad?" I asked.
    "He died before I was born. I never met him."
    "Damn, I'm sorry."
    "It's cool. Like you said, shit happens."
    We stayed there talking for a while longer before I went home.
    As soon as I walked through the door I got a text.

Text Message

Spooky: I got a jale for you tomorrow night

    I texted him back and then went to go find some food. I was so hungry. Then my phone rang. Nico? Did I forget my phone with him or something? I rolled my eyes. Pendeja, your phone's in your hands.

    "Hello?" I answered while still searching for food.
    "Hey, so I was thinking."
    "Yeah?"
    "It's still pretty early.. Do you wanna come with me to the beach or something?"
    "The beach? Right now?" I said.
    "Yeah, why not? Its still warm out."
    I took a moment to think,          "I'm down just let me eat first and we can go."
    He laughed, "We can just grab something on the way, I'm hungry too."
    "Alright, cool. Meet me at the park."

    We decided to go to a Taqueria near by, grabbed some food, and headed to the beach, eating and talking on the way there. "So which beach are we going to?" I asked.
    "You'll see." He said smiling.

    I ended up falling asleep at some point during the 2 hour drive and was woken up by him telling me, "We're here."
    When we got out of the car I looked around, and all I saw was bushes.
    I looked at him and said, "Where are we?"
    "The beach."
    I just looked at him all confused. "You're gonna kill me, aren't you?"
    He laughed, "You watch too much Criminal Minds. Just come on." He took me by the hand and it made my heart skip a beat. He lead me down a small path. We walked until we hit the beach.
    "Damn."
    "What?" He said.
    "I've never seen a view so beautiful. Only in like movies and shit, but not in real life."
    "I have..." I looked at him to see him looking at me.
    I smiled and told him he was cheesy. But it was cute, I'll admit.

    He asked if I wanted to go for a walk and I said yes. We started walking along the shore and he grabbed my hand. I couldn't help but smile. No vato has ever given me butterflies like this.
    "Damn I haven't been to the beach in forever.. I've missed it." He said.
    "Me too.. I haven't been to the beach since I was almost 8."
    "Damn, why so long?" He said.
    "The last time I was here was before my mom died... She use to love going to the beach. After she died my dad got locked up soon after, and it just never felt right you know? It wasn't the same without the whole family together." I felt him squeeze my hand. Which was his way of letting me know he was sorry.
    "Do you wanna go swimming?" He asked me out of nowhere.
    "Right now?"
    "Yes, right now."
    "But, I didnt even bring a swimsuit."
    "You can go naked, I won't get mad."
    I laughed, "I'm sure you wouldn't menso."
    "I'm just kidding. Go like that, why not?"
    I hesitated before saying "Alright, let's do it."
    He took off his pants, he had basketball shorts on underneath, and then he pulled off his shirt. And, "Damn..."

    "What?" He said smiling.

Did I say that out loud?

    I rolled my eyes, and said, "Nothing..."
    He smiled and said, "Sure.. Now come on."
    We got into the water and it felt so nice. We swam around for a little, playing and splashing. Then I got him right in the face. I started laughing and ran out of the water. He chased me and grabbed me but we ended up falling, with him on top of me.
    We froze for a moment, then he leaned forward and kissed me. It was, perfect, his lips were nice and soft. He kissed me gently, it felt good. Then he pulled away and we both smiled.

    Don't forget to vote if you liked it. Stay tuned for the next chapter/part, that's when things start to get a little more... interesting. Thank you to the people who have voted for my story so far it gets me so excited to see that you guys like it. ❤