6

did you guys listen to the song that ariana bought from harry?

don't forget to vote AND comment! ily

Mason

Sky comes into the bathroom as I brush through my tangled hair. "Take an umbrella. It's going to rain tonight."

"I'm always back before seven." I say giving up on my hair and weaving it into a braid. "What's the occasion? You're never up this early. Is it for the job you mentioned?"

She pauses before turning to leave. "Oh right yeah I just got my instructions."  I frown. Instructions? What is going on with her?

"Alright..." I sigh. "I'll see you later."

When I reach the lobby Freddy isn't there to greet me. It had been three days since I last saw him and I was starting to get a little worried. Should I call him or would that be too weird?

•••

"Time to go home!" I exclaim, stretching my arms. I was a little disappointed though, I was looking forward to seeing Harry today but he didn't show up.

"Did you forget?" Addy asks.

"Forget what?" I asked confused.

"It's Tuesday..." she says slowly, seeing if it rings a bell. I give her a bewildered look. "Poetry night...?"

"Oh shoot. I completely forgot! What time do we finish up?"

"Are you able to stay? It ends at 10:30 or 11 if a lot of people come."

"Yeah! Yeah of course! I just need an umbrella. I heard it's going to rain." I could already hear Skylar telling me I told you so. 

"We can share one." Finn suggests casually.

It was the first time Finn had spoken to me since he told me not to talk to Harry anymore, his only reason being was that he made him feel uneasy. I don't think I could disagree since I seriously thought he had a knife in his pocket the other day when I took him to the second floor. It could've been a lighter for all I know.

"Do we even live near each other?" I ask and Finn just shrugs.

"There is an umbrella that was left behind that no one has claimed in weeks." Addy says walking to the front of the building. She pulls an umbrella out of the holder by the door, "It's small and Barbie-themed but its the best I got."

"It's perfect as long as I don't get wet." I laugh, thanking her.

...

Poetry Night was something else and more people showed up than I had expected. It was really entertaining listening to the overly dramatic poems. But as the the night progressed I could hear the rain begin to pound against the roof.

"How do you tell people to leave without kicking them out?" I ask Finn, who begins washing dishes.

"We just start cleaning off tables and stacking up the chairs." He checks the time on his watch, "So that would be now."

"Okay then." I nod, but bump into someone as I do so. His fingers curl around my shoulders, stabilizing both of us. 

"We always seem to crash into each other." Harry chuckles lightly.

"Sorry," I say turning to face him when he releases his grip. Finn looks at me then to Harry and narrows his eyes.

"I- um we are actually closing up right now. So, I'll see you tomorrow?" I tell him watching Finn and then looking up at him. He nods before walking away, and Finn visibly relaxes when he leaves the store.

I let out a sigh and start picking up dirty cups and plates from tables. I feel a tap on my shoulder. Addy smiles when I turn around, "Can you lock up for me? I'll text you what to do. I'm going to head out," she says and I nod. "Thank you!" she adds as I type my number into her phone.

Looking past her, I raise an eyebrow when I see a tall, blonde boy standing near the entrance with black umbrella tucked under his arms and his hands in his pockets. "Have fun," I smirk and Addy turns to look at the guy. She blushes brighter than her pink hair and drops the key into my open palm, "Shut up."

Moments later I receive a text from Addy telling me what to do.

"You sure you can close up on your own?" Finn asks once he finishes loading the dishwasher.

"You don't think I can handle it?" I question making him flustered. Finn sighs, "Just please remember to-"

"Turn off the light and turn on the alarm," I interrupt.

"And don't forget to lock the door!" We say simultaneously. "I got this. Don't worry," I say coolly.

"You sure you don't want me to walk you home? Its pretty late." Finn asks giving me a worried look while putting on his coat.

"I'll be fine." I say assuring him.

"Okay but text me when you get home." He says and I give him my phone so he can put in his number.

"I will." I promise as he rushes out the door. 

Soon after he leaves I turn on the alarm system. I pull on my jacket but stop when I don't see the umbrella in the rack. Are you kidding me? I groan as I turn the lights off. Stepping outside, still protected from the rain, I lock the door.

Adjusting my coat, I turn to face the rain. I take a deep breath before sprinting out into the freezing downpour. 

"Hey!"

I turn to see Finn, holding an umbrella, walking towards me. "What are you still doing here?"

"I was on my way home and then I realized I would be an idiot to let someone walk home alone like this." He replies, his chest now close to mine. 

-

A/N

+10 votes = new chapter

Please comment! :)

i will post a playlist for seven soon :D