Some Friends

I must have fallen asleep on the flight here, because by the time I pried my weary eyes open I was placed sitting on a cold concrete floor. Metal bars extended like trees around me and a surgical table was chained in a corner.

It was so cold. Each shiver reminded me that I lost the battle. That I let my city down. But outside the cage, in a pile on the floor, lay a cape. It was red silk with a black inside and a fur lining. I inched my way closer to it.

Inch by inch I crawled closer, then I stuck my hands through the bars and pulled the cape in. With one small motion I had the cape covering everything but my face. My sneakers were pulled up to my chest and I was warming up.

"What are you doing boy?" A stern voice came from the stairwell. "I leave for 5 minutes and your awake and wrapped in my cape!" The Dr.

I leapt to my feet. My arms crossed and my head hanging to the floor. " 'M sorry. It was just really cold and you left it in arms reach and I just wanted some warmth and comfort and I'm sorry." I heaved out in one breath. "Please don't kill me Sir." I begged.

The Dr. smiled and sat down at a chair in a close by corner. "Kill you! Never. I'm not my father."

I just shrugged and went back to kneeling on the floor. He peered in at me from outside the cell. Like he watching an animal at the zoo, he shouldn't enjoy seeing it, but much like a child would enjoy a toy, he does.

"Boy listen to me." I heard him grumble. I did nothing more then snap my eyes up for a brief moment. "I'm having the Organization of Villains over today. They wanted to meet the newest hero. They..." the Dr trailed off with a shutter. He clutched his cape and slung it on. "They will hurt you."

Before I had the chance to respond a loud BANG came from the door at the top of the cave entrance. A bulky man standing at six feet tall came stomping onto the room.

"WHERE IS THAT WORM YOU CALL A HERO!" His booming voice echoed off the walls and tiles projecting it even more. I forced myself into a tight ball, as small as I could go.

The man ran his large hand over the bars. "GET HIM OUT HERE!" I jumped.

The Dr. fiddled with his keys then unlocked my door. I inched towards the man. Slowly. Not wanting to get killed.

Before I was within 5 feet of him the man grabbed my collar and threw my weak body against the floor. I gasped. The impact was so sudden and hut so awfully.

"I h-have to go check on d-d-dinner." The Dr said as he slipped out the room.

I lay tense on the floor as the man delivered kicks, punches, slaps, and throws. Decorating me in cuts and bruises. I let out a small yelp when his large foot kicked me in the ribs.

"Heroes don't get you yell! You should be stronger! Don't make any noise. Or it will be worse." The man had me pinned on my stomach. He ripped my shirt up and began carving.

I silently sobbed. By the time he was finished with his 'art project' I had lost so much blood, that I couldn't find the will to stand up.

The man pulled a metal collar over my head and spat at me. "This will teach you, boy. Whatever we say you will do. And you have no control. If you attempt to remove it a liquid will be inserted into you. It causes extreme pain."

He threw me into the back wall of the cell making me go unconscious. This was not the life I wanted.

Thank you guys for reading! I'm pretty happy with this chapter. This plot has been in my head for awhile. It took forever! I am going to try and post weekly. So comment, vote, and share! Hugs and Loves

-Orona

Word count//692