chapter six

sebastian's pov

After breakfast, I carried Thea over to the living room, placing her on the couch. I grabbed the blanket off the back and tucked it around her.

Jace, can you ask the omegas to keep the house temp warm? Thea seems to feel more at ease when it's warmer.

I'm lucky I have my best friend as a Beta. He has no problem running the pack for me while I take care of Thea. He wouldn't have it any other way.

Of course Seb. How is she? Think she'd be ok with me being around her?

Jace was a sentimental guy. He like the rest of the pack view there Luna as their queen, I knew they're itching to meet her. But to Jace, she means even more to him. We grew up like brothers. So to him, it's simple. We're like brothers, so she's his sister.

Thinking it over in my head I quickly mind-linked him I'd check with her later tonight, and I returned my focus to Thea.

"Thea, sweetheart,  would you be ok with my Beta coming over tonight maybe around dinner? He really wants to meet you. I don't know if you remember him being there when we found you." She seemed to mull it over, taking a second to think;

"I remember him. He seemed nice." I watched her carefully as she spoke, making sure she wasn't just trying to make me happy. She seemed genuinely content with her answer, so I decided to take her word for it.

"So today I thought we could just relax. That sound good?" I wanted to put her in my lap and hold her tight, just reveling in her unique scent, but I knew I had to be careful. She seems to be comfortable with me, but I'm not taking a chance of her becoming afraid again. I won't risk it. She nodded, and she inched closer to me. My wolf was practically squealing. We were both so happy that our mate seemed to be ok with us. Slowly but surely she was becoming more at ease.

"How are you feeling Angel?" I didn't want to push her, but I wanted to know her headspace. Wolves can't help but worry about their mate, me being an Alpha only intensifies that.

"OK. I-" I watched her stop herself. I was desperate to hear her speak to me. Desperate for her to feel at ease.

"What is it Little One? You don't need to be afraid to speak to me." Against my better judgment, I picked her up, placing her on my lap facing me. That seemed to put her a little more at ease, but she seemed to be holding herself back. I just wish she'd trust me. I understand why, but I just want her to feel safe.

"I- I'm sorry. They didn't like when I talked. I've never b-been very good at talk-king. I always say the wrong thing. Always. Always." I could feel her getting worked up as she repeated herself. A little quirk I'd picked up on.

"You don't need to apologize sweetheart. Nothing you say will upset me. I wish I could kill them all over again." My fist clenched in anger, and I let out a growl. Thea flinched, and my heart broke, "Oh, Little One, I'll never hurt you. These hands will never be used for anything but love and pleasure. Ok?" I cooed to her, making sure to calm my voice. I needed to be more aware of my tone, she seems to pick up on everything.

"C-c-can we do something. D-d-do you have any board games?" Her eyes started to brighten as she talked, and I couldn't help but smile, her face dropped. "N-never mind. Th-at's stupid. Childish. Childish. You're a-an Alpha. Alpha's don't do stupid things like that. Stupid." Her eyes started to fill with tears, and I held her to me, attempting to soothe her.

"It's not childish Little One. Alpha's like to play a mean board game too," I chuckled " I've got plenty of board games. Jace and I used to play all the time, we haven't had a chance in a while though. What kind of board game do you want to play?" She settled her face into the crook of my neck, nuzzling me. I thought she'd be bothered by my habit of touching her, but it seems to bring her a sense of peace.

"I-I- used to p-play Candy Land. Before..." Her words trailed off, and I decided not to question her further. I wanted her to feel normal. Making her talk about that wouldn't help. Eventually, she'd need to talk about it, but I wanted her to feel settled first.

"Then Candy Land it is." I kissed her tiny nose, smiling at her shocked face.

*

We played Candy Land for hours. We stopped for lunch, but right after Thea asked if we could keep playing. How was I supposed to deny my Little One a single thing? She was absolutely breathtaking when she was happy. Her little giggles took my breath away. I was glad I could give her a day of happiness. God knows, not every day will be like this, but I'm going to do my best to keep her happy.

"W-whe-en is your Beta c-coming?" She twisted her fingers in her lap as we continued playing, " I-if he wants to come n-n-ow I wouldn't m-mind. Not t-that it's u-p to me. Whatever you want. You're my A-alpha." Her words became rushed as she spoke. I frowned though. We're equals. She isn't above or below me. We rule side by side. Never apart.

"Sweetheart for starters, you're my equal. My Luna. Whatever you want, whatever you need, I will do my best to give it to you. And, if you're ok with Jace coming now I'm sure he'd love to come and meet you. I know my parents are probably dying to meet you too, but baby steps, ok?"

She nodded absently, continuing to twiddle her thumbs.

Jace. If you wanna come up now, Thea wants to meet you.

Great! Be right up!

Wait, don't come rushing up here. I don't want to scare her.

I picked Thea up, again placing her in my lap facing away this time. Being around people seems to make her nervous so I want to make her feel as calm as possible.

"Jace will be right up Little One. If you feel anxious at all, let me know. I'm right here. You're safe. I'm not gonna let any hurt you. You're safe." I emphasized the last sentence, kissing her on the head as I spoke.

"I-I know S-S-sebastian. I-I'm trying to b-be better. I'm sorry for being so annoying."

"Angel, you lived in hell for I don't know how long. You can feel however you wanna feel. I will gladly do everything in my power to make you feel safe. You know why?"

"W-why?"

"Because you're worth it. You're worth that, and so much more to me." She gave me a soft smile, and suddenly she lifted her head towards me. I brought my head closer to her thinking she wanted to say something, but to my surprise, she gave me a soft kiss on my cheek. I looked at her wide-eyed as she blushed and looked down, "That was a gift. Thank you Little One." I caressed her cheek, feeling incredibly lucky. What did I deserve to be given a mate as beautiful and caring as her?

Hi Guys!

Next chapter will be in Thea's POV meeting Jace!

I know it might seem a little strange that Thea keeps repeating herself and going back and forth believing Sebastian, but for a lot of people with anxiety that's just how life is! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Thanks,

-ej