chapter twenty six

*ainsley, pictured above

i owe you all a huge apology, i've been trying really hard since i started this book to keep a consistent upload schedule but it just got to be a lot with school and my youtube channel. lol subscribe ;) school has been hard, and my anxiety has been not so fun, so please don't give up on my :) i'm still working on both of my books it has just been difficult to focus! I got caught up with work so it was kind of a lot. Sorry for the short chapter another one with Alexei and Al coming soon where we might begin to see the drama unfold...

thea's pov

Unfortunately, Ainsley was out of town for a doctor's convention and would not be home till the following day. As anxious as I was to finally take away the weight of these memories, to figure out what in the world is going on, putting all that aside I knew that Sebastian needed me. He was bottling his emotions up, and the stress of it all was starting to wear him down.

I quietly pulled Sebastian to the side, tugging on his arm;

"Is everything all right Little One? Do you need anything? Food, water? Are you feeling alright?" I smiled at his attentiveness, but my concern for my mate overwhelmed me. I stood up on my toes to reach him, and he knelt down so that I could speak into his ear;

"C-can we spend some time together?" I spoke quietly, not wanting Acacia or Jace to hear and be hurt by my request. With all the craziness of the past few days, I just needed Sebastian to myself, and I could tell he desperately needed it as well.

"Of course Thea." He put his hand on my face, cupping my cheek and I could tell my outburst was concerning him. I rushed to explain myself;

"I just- I don't- Do you think Acacia and Jace will be offended? I don't want to hurt their feelings, b-but I just want to relax and spend time with you. I feel like we haven't been able to do that in a while. If you have work to do that's fine, and I don't want to take up all of your time. I understand if you have something you need to do-" Sebastian cut me off with a kiss on the lips as he pulled me into our room.

"You read my mind Little One. I didn't want to overwhelm you and make you feel smothered, but I really just need to have you to myself right now. And, I am sure Jace will be happy to have some alone time with his mate." I could see some of the tension leave his body, and I let out a breath of relief that I had done something right. I had done something for him that helped him.

We walked back to the living area to tell Jace and Acacia are plans only to find them already gone. Sebastian chuckled, knowing Jace was taking this opportunity to spend some alone time with his mate. I pulled Sebastian along with me, dragging him over to our bed. He smiled at me amused and I gestured for him to lay down.

"Thea, are you OK? If you're tired, you should have told me! You're still recovering love." I growled in frustration as he stressed himself out once again.

"I'm fine you worry-wart. I just wanted to do something for you. I was gonna give you a back massage because I've noticed how tense you have been lately. You're always taking care of me, and I wanted to do that for you." I was well aware that I was pouting like a child whose toy had been taken from him, but I was too frustrated to care at this point.

"I'm sorry, baby. That's very sweet. You don't need to repay me for caring for you though. I like taking care of you, it's what I need to do." I walked over and wrapped my arms around his waist, looking up into his eyes;

"Sebastian. A relationship is a two-way street. Just as you want to care for me, I want to care for you. You have to let me. Please?" Sebastian kissed my lips softly, pulling me closer. I let out a whimper suddenly when he pulled away, never wanting the kiss to end. He smiled at my response and I blushed at him.

"You're lips are my drug."

This is one of the many things about him that made me fall in love with him. He never fails to make me feel loved and adored. Day in and day out he reminds me of all the little things he does for me, but he still makes sure to say it as well. He is such a good man, and I sometimes can't help but feel I don't deserve him. He's just so... good. That is the only way I can think to describe him. Neither of us has actually said the words 'I love you', and I find myself slipping up sometimes. Almost saying the words, but holding back. But I want to tell him. I want him to how much I love and adore him for all of his flaws and strengths. I love all of him. Not just his looks, his status, or his strength. I love him for all his flaws and imperfections, just as I realize he does for me. As much as my anxiety tries to tell me differently, I know. He loves me. He might have not said the words just yet, but he tells me every day with his actions. He is so used to caring for everyone else, he does not even realize that he deserves the same.

I yelped as he grabbed my arm, pulling me down with him on the bed. We were positioned so that I was straddling him as he looked up at me.

"Every-time I think I have you figured out. Every-time I think I know everything about you, that you won't be able to surprise me... You go and do just that. Thea, my beautiful kick-ass, strong, smart, sweet, and kind woman...

I love you."