chapter twenty

*reminder above of what alessandra looks like :)

alexei's pov

My little mate was worn out, she'd snuggled into me with her soft hands curled around my shirt. I didn't even know how it had been, I just held her close listening to the soothing sound of her breathing. We have many things to overcome, relationships don't develop overnight, but she was worth any trouble, any stumbles in the road. For her, I'd give her my everything. She deserved that, and more, from me.

*

"Well, this is not what I expected." I looked up, Sebastian standing in the doorway of the kitchen, Thea peeking out from behind him.

My milaya started to stir at the noise, so I simply signaled Sebastian to keep quiet and he gestured down the hallway to the small bedroom. After making sure she was settled I walked out to Seb and Thea.

"Keep it down a bit, she seems to be in need of sleep," I spoke softly not wanting to wake my milaya.

"Are you going to explain what you are doing wrapped around my baby cousin?" Sebastian bit out his words, Thea was obviously surprised at the sudden change in her mate's behavior, and I just rolled my eyes, knowing his little mate wasn't used to his "Alpha" behavior.

"Do you wanna explain what you are doing in my mate's apartment?" His eyes grew cold at my defiance.

"Al is your mate."

"Al? Is that her name?" I repeated the name, trying to place the name with the pixie I met today.

"OK, now you're telling me you had her wrapped around you like a damn koala, and you don't even know her damn name?" Sebastian just rolled his eyes, and Thea gave him a smack on the head in reprimand. He just chuckled giving her a soft smile.

"Stop b-being a-a bully Seb-bastion." She put her hands on her hips, her face turning into what she probably thought was a stern look.

"Thank you, my dear Luna." I gave her my best cheeky grin, and she blushed, "So, is Al short for something?" I wanted to know all that I could about my milaya.

"Her full name is Alessandra Knight. Her father is the second of my father's brothers. She texted me earlier, and she seemed a little upset, so I wanted to check on her, and Thea wanted to see Al again." Well, that clears up the questions of her Alpha connections.

"I got back from my run, and felt her panic again, my wolf took over and I found her here. She was having what I'm guessing was a panic attack. Apparently, she was feeling the bond and was scared I wouldn't accept her. I fucked up Seb, my cowardice hurt my little Milaya. How can I forgive myself for that?" I just shook my head, my heart hurting thinking of what I put her through.

*

"Sebastian? What are you doing here?" I turned around at my mate's sleepy voice. Smiling at her ever sweet and quiet lilt. I stopped short when I could feel her panic.

Ushering her over to me I wrapped her up in my arms kissing her on the head. She stood up on her tiptoes and I leaned down, she whispered to me, "I thought you left. Or that it was all just a dream." Her sad smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Never Milaya. Never again will you wonder where I am." I spoke so that only she could hear me, and we stood there basking in each-other until Alpha dumbass ruined the moment as he cleared his throat.

"H-hi Al, sorry if we interrupted your day. We j-just w-wanted to see you. I've b-been bugging Seb about it f-for a while now." I smiled at our little Luna's ability to diffuse a tense situation. Her sweet and quiet disposition made it impossible not to listen to her.