chapter fourteen

sebastian's pov

Nothing I said could make Thea feel better about what happened with Jace's mate. She couldn't stop stressing about it. It killed me to see her upset, but I knew it just came with the territory with her anxiety. All I could do was reassure her. Tell her everything was ok. I knew Jace wasn't upset with her. He understands that Thea would never say anything to hurt his mate, but Acacia was in a fragile state. Anyone could have triggered her, just like Thea.

*

I was finally able to coax Thea out of bed to eat breakfast. She'd barely uttered a word the entire time though. I tried not to be hurt by her silence. Her anxiety manifested itself in many different ways, this most likely being one of the ways her anxiety affected her. I tried to be cautious with her, not wanting to frighten her but I couldn't keep my hands off her if I tried. Luckily she didn't seem to be bothered by it.

"Little One? What sounds good for breakfast?" I spoke quietly trying to keep her calm. Well, as calm as I can at least.

My words seemed to barely register with her, her only reaction being a half-hearted shrug. Her stare was vacant, her eyes never meeting mine. I hated to see her so obviously upset. I wanted her to be feeling happy and loving life.

I let out a sigh and picked Thea up placing her on the stool. She immediately let out a surprised squeak, and absently grabbed for me;

"What's wrong Little One?" Her only response was her whimpers. I was almost brought to tears struggling with my control. My wolf was howling at seeing his mate in pain. I felt out of control, and I was at a loss of what to do.

Thea eventually calmed a little and began lifting my arms, trying to wrap them around herself. I masked a chuckle watching my tiny pipsqueak of a mate attempting to lift my arms, me being almost a foot taller than her. I didn't even hesitate to wrap her up in my arms. I wasn't going to deny her anything in this world. We sat in silence for a few minutes, me soothing her, rubbing her back, her clutching me tightly.

"Baby, we've got to get some food in you OK? We've got to get some meat on those bones." I kissed her head as I spoke. Thea just nodded against my chest, still hiding. I wracked my brain trying to think of what to do. Thea obviously didn't want me to let go of her, and having someone else come in and cook for her might make things worse...

*

Having settled for the lesser of two evils I texted Cassie and asked her if she could bring over some breakfast for us. She happily agreed and I asked her to just leave the food outside of the suite. I didn't want to test Thea's anxiety right now. She still hadn't let go of her hold on me. Hanging on me like a koala. Which would have been much more adorable, had I not been able to feel her panic whenever I moved.

Luckily I was able to mind link Jace and ask him to avoid the main kitchen for now. I didn't want him to trigger Thea, and send her into another panic attack. The other side of the suite had a smaller kitchen that they luckily could use in the meantime.

*

Thea jumped when there was a knock on the door. Cassie having mine linked me she was here, I walked over to the door keeping Thea comfortably against me. She tucked her head against my neck, brushing a light kiss against it, snuggling in. I couldn't help but smile. Even in her panic, she found a way to thank me. I mimicked her, tucking my head against her neck. Breathing in her intoxicating scent as I tried to get a hold of my emotions. My feelings for her floored me. I'd known her for only a little more than a week and already my heart ached at the thought of not being with her. Fortunately, Cassie was kind enough to leave the food outside, so I was able to grab the food quickly without forcing Thea into an anxious situation.