chapter twenty eight

hey guys, i am so incredibly sorry that i've been so mia. if you guys wanna know all the details of that i might make a video on it, but right now i know where the storys gonna go it's just a matter of the in-between. i love you all and i appreciate each every one of you for sticking around! as always please comment i love your thoughts! and tell me what kind of videos you think i should make? also i know my grammar sucks. please don't attack me lol ;)

thea's pov

Today is the day.

Ainsley's back from the conference and my mind won't stop spinning.

Since the day that Sebastian brought me back from what felt like hell, I have pushed back my memories of that place. Forced it into the back of my mind in a box, locked up, never wanting to touch it.

But now I had to.

The thought of their being others forced to endure what I and Acacia had to makes me physically ill. How can I in good conscience do nothing when others might be suffering?

Today we put everything on the table, and just pray to God we find something to go off of. Because at the moment we're fighting faceless creatures hiding in the dark, waiting for us to let down our guard.

Sebastian hadn't been able to sit still since the subject of my past had been brought up. I think part of him had just pushed it to the back of his mind because facing the reality of what I had endured was not an easy feat. No matter what anyone tells him he feels a sense of guilt that he had not found me sooner. No matter how illogical his thinking is, it is just how he is wired. He is an Alpha. A good Alpha at that. He wears the world on his shoulders, and the pressure he puts on himself is astronomical. He is a man that defies every definition of toxic masculinity, all while kicking the asses of anyone who tells him how he should act. Because a true man has feelings.
A true man feels.

He feels sadness.

He feels anger.

He feels jealousy.

He feels happiness.

He feels love.

A real man feels.

Simple as that.

Men are not emotionless robots. They are just hardwired to take on the world's problems and keep silent the heartbreak that comes with it. So knowing all that, and knowing my mate and his nuances I tried my best to be a silent anchor for him. I wanted to be his shoulder to lean on. When the storm rages on around us, we will be each other's light.

*

I had never seen Sebastian as anxious as he'd been acting today. He couldn't seem to still for even a second, he barely touched his food, and he was even more touchy than usual. We ate breakfast with Acacia and Jace, but no one spoke. We just clung to one another, basking in our own thoughts. The food left virtually untouched.

Everyone jumped, anxiously, as we heard a knock at the door. Sebastian shook his head, seemingly gathering himself, and walked to the door. Ainsley walked in with a cautious smile, her calming presence washing over the room. It was obvious she was nervous, but she kept her cool a lot better than the rest of us.

"Hi, guys. I apologize for not being able to be here yesterday. I was at a conference a territory away." She looked apologetic, her eyes shifting from Sebastian and Jace. Knowing full well the instability of the two Alpha males sitting before her.

Everyone just mumbled their understanding and Ainsley settled into a chair sat between the two couches we were sitting on. Sebastian and I on one, and Acacia and Jace just across from us.