The Avengers

Being a teenager wasn't easy, especially when you weren't a normal one. The four guys this story is about hadn't been normal ever, since they were born with superpowers. Being still very young they were learning to control them, especially the two girls in the group: Josie and Wanda. The first one was the daughter of Steve Rogers AKA Captain America and leader of the Avengers. Wanda was presumed to be the daughter of Magneto but had been adopted by the Avengers family along with her brother Pietro. Last but not least there was a young spider man, Peter Parker who had recently joined the group but had shown to have a fair amount of control over his powers. They guessed it came with being half spider, even when he wasn't born with that condition.

The group was far too young for the adult members to allow them to go with them on their missions. The lack of control over their powers made them either an easy target or a dangerous enemy to them and the world. Often they were left alone taking care of the tower where they gathered, with clear instructions not to leave and to call them if there was any trouble at all. Another rather new member of the group, Bucky, felt certain sympathy for them. He still remembered what it was like to be young and dislike the rules but at the same time he often reminded himself it was for the best. Maybe the fact he was best friends with Josie's dad (and therefore practically co-parent of the girl) caused him to have the softest heart of the elders group.

That afternoon they were left alone (or left behind as Josie would have expressed earlier) in the tower and after a few hours the four teenagers were bored to death of their phones. All of them except for Josie, whose abrupt tantrum had caused her father to take away her device. After a while of chatting cheerfully among themselves, a strange beeping noise called their attention. Pietro was the first, being the fastest, to get to the control central. He scanned the screens quickly with his eyes trying to find the source of the problem, but Wanda beated him to it. She was better with technology than her twin brother was.

"That is an attack alert" Wanda informed the group while looking at the screen and trying to search for more details. The computers had detected a mass of aliens approaching the tower and for a second the young group seemed startled.

"I got Mr. Stark in dial speed" Peter offered with a gentle smile but Josie halted him raising her hand, not taking her eyes off the screens. Her brain had started to cook a plan in her head and the wheels in it were working full speed to the perplex look of the young spider man and the rest of the group.

"Wait. They're just a couple dozens of aliens. It's not something we can't handle" she spoke with arrogance lacing her words, trying to get her friends on board with her plan. They should have remembered all of those always ended up in disaster.

"But Josie your dad said we should call them if there was any trouble" Wanda reminded me friendly of what Captain America had said. The blonde girl rolled her eyes at her thinking the Scarlett Witch couldn't be so obedient all the time.

"Yeah but... guys we can totally take care of this. And if we do, the grownups will finally start treating us like Avengers and not some childish trainees. What do you say?" she said posing her eyes on Peter first, knowing he'd be the easiest to tempt. She knew how desperate the young spiderman was to impress the older Avengers, especially Tony Stark who had been the one to bring him into the group. The rest of them simply dreamed for the day they'd be allowed to go with the older ones to the missions, and here was a one time opportunity to show them they had what it takes. Feeling tempted with success the rest of the group nodded their heads excitedly and didn't give it a second thought.

"Alright. Let's do it" Pietro exclaimed with enthusiasm while clapping his hands so fast the rest barely heard him.

"Ok. Wanda get all the information we can. Pietro we need to upload the tower's shields. Peter secure all the entrances" Josie started bossing everyone around but it's not like they complained or anything. Every group has a leader and Josie seemed a natural in it.