part 7

Stella proverbs:

"What were you doing yesterday? Do you know how many times I tried to call you, but your phone was switched off?" I was whining at Riana for not being there when I needed her the most.

"Okay, okay... first, you need to relax. Yesterday I was a bit busy, and my phone was dead. But what's the news? Don't scare me, okay? You're going? Aren't you?" She bombarded me with questions, her expression full of doubt.

"Yes, I am going. But do you know what happened yesterday?" I was about to tell her everything, but she interrupted me and started shouting with joy, not letting me explain the reason behind it.

"Mike was at my home," I told Riana. She had been busy celebrating and hugging me, but suddenly she stopped and looked at me as if she had been shocked.

"Who?" she asked again, clearly in disbelief.

"Yes, you heard it right, my dear friend. Mike was at my place. Dammit! The person whom I least wanted in my life was not only in my house but also in my room, and he bloody threatened me! What does he think of me? Maybe I am that girl who's not sociable, but my self-respect and dignity mean everything to me," I was speaking rapidly, but Riana interrupted again and said, "Threat! In your room?! What are you saying? Can you please explain to me in detail?" She seemed both confused and excited to know what had happened.

"I was trying to tell you that, but class is starting now! I'll give you all the details during the lunch break. But just know this, if I ever get the power to kill somebody, it would be Mike!" I said, clenching my teeth in anger.

"Oh no! I can't wait until the lunch break. Please, let's skip the first class," Riana said, her excitement evident as she was even willing to miss the class.

"No, Riana, I never miss lectures as you know. If I skip class today, he'll think I got scared of him. Don't worry, I'll tell you later. Let's go to the class that's about to start now," I said, pulling her along with me to the classroom.

Riana responded sadly, "Alright, I'm coming."

As we entered the classroom, I quickly scanned the room to see if Mike was there or not. To my relief, he wasn't present. I settled into my seat and engaged in discussing homework with Riana.

My attention was abruptly drawn away from the book when I heard a voice. I looked up and saw Mike engaged in an argument with a boy who was sitting near me.

"Just move over there," Mike commanded, gesturing for the boy to change seats.

"Why? That's my seat," Logan replied, his confidence wavering.

Logan is one of the genius students in our class. Everyone, especially me, admires him the most. He's so simple, without any arrogance. I find it very comfortable to talk to him.

I glanced at Mike, my face a mix of anger and confusion. The guy who frequently skipped lectures, except for history class, was now arguing over a seat with someone who excelled in everything.

"Yes, I know you usually sit here, but from now on, I'm going to sit here." Mike's tone was mocking as he addressed Logan. "Okay, Logan! Did I get your name right?"

"What the hell..." I started to exclaim at Mike, but Logan interrupted and asked, "Yes, you said my name right, Mike. But why do you want to sit here?"

Mike responded, "Oh, nice question. Actually, Stella is the reason! Yesterday I found out she's a family friend, and I'm really happy that she promised to help me with the upcoming exam." He put on an expression of helplessness and believability, which caught me off guard with its suddenness and unexpectedness.

Not only me, but every other student in our class who had been paying attention to them was now staring at me as if I had committed a crime! Even Riana looked confused.

"What nonsense, Mike? Have you really lost your mind somewhere? When did I promise you..." I was saying, but Mike seemed unaffected as he confidently interrupted, "Stella, do you want me to say in front of everyone when you promised me? If you're okay with it, then I don't mind saying it out loud."

"I can't believe you, man!" I said in complete shock, but then I was even more surprised when Logan started packing his bag.

"Where are you going, Logan? No need to leave your seat," I pleaded, but Logan just looked at me and replied, "It's okay, Stella. No problem. You both sit together. You should have told me first, and I don't want so much unnecessary drama," and then he left.

I was left speechless and hurt, knowing that Logan was affected by Mike's nonsense.

All eyes were fixed on me. Thankfully, our class teacher, Mr Jonan, entered the classroom, redirecting everyone's attention.

"Why are you standing there, Mike? I hope you didn't fight with anyone. Take your seat," Mr Jonan said to Mike, who often intervened to help those who were targeted by Mike.

"Sorry, sir," he said and took a seat near mine, flashing a smile that sent shivers of anger down my spine.

"Do you remember what I promised you yesterday, Stella?" he whispered with a smile. "This is just the beginning of my plans to make your life hell, Stella. Just keep watching."

We exchanged death glares before both of us turned our attention back to Teacher Jonan.

#Thank you and hope you all enjoy this chapter. Any suggestions Please write in the comment section below and don't forget to vote. Thank you once again.