Chapter 10

"It's still numb." Barry said as Caitlin was treating where Leonard's gun hit him.

"It's presenting itself like third degree frost bite." Caitlin said.

"I thought he had hyper healing?" Felicity asked.

"It's been slowed. Like when Becca froze his shoulder. If your cells weren't regenerating at the rate they are, your blood vessels would have frozen solid and the nerve damage would have been permanent. You're lucky to be alive."

"Snart wasn't another meta-human. He has some kind of gun. It froze things, slowed me down. Like Becca's power." Barry said grabbing his jacket. "Enough that I wasn't in time to save someone."

"According to his records, Snart didn't even bother to finish high school. So how did he manage to build a handheld high tech snow machine."

"Education level doesn't mean anything Felicity, but I don't think Snart made this." I said.

"S.T.A.R Labs, built the cold gun...and a heat gun." Dr. Wells said looking at the two of us.

"Dr. Wells and Caitlin had nothing to do with this." Cisco said stepping forward. "I built the guns."

"You did?" Barry asked.

"Why Cisco?" I asked him.

"Because speed and cold are opposites, and hot and cold are. Temperature is measured by how quickly the atoms of something are oscillating. The faster they are the hotter it is. When things are cold they're slower on an atomic level. When there's no movement at all it's called-"

"Absolute Zero." I said. "You made a gun that does what I can do to stop Barry. Then a gun that can stop me."

"Yeah. I designed a compact cyro engine to achieve absolute zero. Then a weapon to ignite liquid nitrogen. I did, I built them to stop you. Both of you. I didn't know who you were then guys. I mean what if you guys turned out to be some kind of psychos, like Mardon or Nimbus?"

"But we didn't!" Barry said. "Did we?"

"We chose to help people, help you guys."

"We built the entire structure your standing in to do good, and it blew up." Caitlin said standing up and walking closer to Barry. "In the wake of that you can understand why Cisco would want to be prepared for the worst."

"I can understand that, but what I can't understand, is why you didn't tell us what you did." Barry said.

"Or at least tell us one of them were stolen." I said and Cisco looked down. "They were both stolen? Great."

"After all we've been through, I thought you trusted us. I thought we were friends." This hurt Barry more than he was showing. He felt he had friends and they somehow betrayed him. I felt bad.

"We are Barry."

"I mean if you had just told me, I could have been prepared. Instead someone died tonight."

"And I have to live with that."

"No Cisco, we all do."

"Barry we can't save everyone." He looked back at me. "This was a different circumstance but we still can't. We are going to fail some times. We are not perfect. None of us are."

Barry didn't say anything and left. Felicity decided to go talk to him. I decided to leave. Knowing there were weapons made specifically to stop us was nerve wrecking. At least we knew who had one of them. Barry can always be prepared when he fights Leonard, but me? I have no idea where this heat gun is at all and that scares me. Fire had already proven to be something I'm not good against and now there's a seriously power heat gun that could kill me quick out there somewhere.