Chapter 12

I woke up and Oliver was gone. I remembered last night and groaned. I'm an emotional wreck and I just pretty much destroyed my friendship with Felicity. I got out of bed, took some pain aspirin for my head and took a shower. I heard someone open the door and assumed it was Barry, since he had a key.

"I'm getting dressed Bar. Hold on." I shouted to him.

I had just started buttoning up my shirt when Oliver came through the door. I froze and stared at him. He had a coffee in his hand, I assumed he was bringing it to me. Great. I already feel bad about last night and now here Oliver is, while my shirt it unbuttoned. I quickly turned around and buttoned up my shirt. I could feel how hot my face was.

"I thought you might want this. I ah, talked with Barry. Think I will help him with this guy." I turned around and took the coffee from him. "I'm heading over to train a bit with him. Stopped by to see if you wanted to go."

"Yeah. Sure. Watch Barry try to show off. Wouldn't miss it." I took a drink of the coffee and grabbed my jacket. I could barley look at Oliver and I just knew I was going to feel absolutely terrible the moment I saw Felicity.

"Uh, Becca....About what happened last night-"

"Old habits die hard Ollie. It's fine. We weren't in our right minds." He let out a sign and looked down a minute.

"Yeah. Come on."

~o~

I rode with Oliver to the same place we met last night. We waited for Barry but as usual, he was late. After Oliver had set all his stuff up, and lots of awkward silence, Barry finally showed up.

"Hey."

"You're late. Barry how can you have super speed and still not be on time?"

"Sorry, I guess the super tardiness kinda cancelles it. So how do we catch Bivolo here?"

"Oh no we don't here. We're here to train. "

"What? Like Rocky?" I rolled my eyes. Dear lord Barry.

"I read your friend Iris' blog post about the flash and I've visited all the crime scenes you've fought at."

"Don't you sleep?" Barry asked and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Last month, you took on a man named Leonard Snart."

"We call him Captain Cold."

"Barry." I snapped and when he looked at me I shook my head at him to stop.

"We can talk about you giving your enemies silly code names later."

"To be fair Cisco really did that we all just humored him." I said.

"You mean like over coffee with Deathstroke and The Huntress?"

"Point is you engaged Snart on a commuter train, which he derailed."

"Ok, there may have been some damage, but I got the job done, I was the hero." I let out a maybe too loud laugh.

"Sorry I just remember being the one shielding you from his cold gun. After I told you to get everyone off the train." I said to him.

"Details."

"Barry, when you approach a new environment do you case every inch of the area?" Oliver asked him. "You could. You have the time. But you don't." Then he started walking towards the field. Barry followed and then I did. "You just run in blind. Becca doesn't have super speed like you do. There's a difference in having powers, and having precision."

"When I came to you about thinking of going out and helping people, you said I could be an inspiration." Barry said and Oliver grabbed his bow off his bike.

"Living this life... Well it takes more than a mask. It takes discipline, and since you are probably as stubborn as I am-" Again I laughed.

"What is that for?" Barry asked looking at the arrow loaded into Oliver's bow.

"You're gonna run over there, you're gonna run back at me, and you're gonna get hit with an arrow. Sorry Becca in advance." Barry started laughing.

"No I'm not." Oliver mocked Barry's laugh.

"Yes, you are."

"Ok. Fine, I will humor you." Barry ran over to where Oliver wanted him. "Ready!?" he yelled and Oliver drew the arrow back.

"Ready." Then he let the arrow go and Barry ran back in front of us and caught it. He started to say something when two hidden crossbows shot arrows at Barry's back. Both of us screamed in pain and I fell to my knees a bit. I was not expecting that trick at all.

"What the hell Oliver."

"If I told you, he would have known." Oliver walked over behind Barry.

"What- You shot me?"

"I heard you heal fast." Then he yanked the arrows out of Barry's back and again we both screamed.

~o~

After that drama I went home to rest. I would go to S.T.A.R Labs but I don't think I can look at Felicity right now. My phone rang and I saw it was Leonard. I ignored the call. Then he called again. I ignored him again. One the third call I finally answered.

"Don't hang up." He said.

"How do you know my line's not tapped?"

"Because I know you. You didn't tell anyone we know each other."

"What do you want?"

"For you to believe me. I wasn't using you."

"Why should I?"

"Because it's the truth. I'm a lot of things but I don't lie to people I care about. If I was using you I would have admitted it when you said something."

"Why are you called me?" I asked him and sat down on the couch.

"I'm coming back to Central City. I want to see you."

"I don't. I work for the police Leonard. I won't keep protecting you after what you did."

"What did I do?"

"The fancy gun you got? Killed someone. Almost killed others. Almost killed me."

"What are you talking about?" I hadn't thought when I spoke that time.

"The train. I was on it."

"I'm so sorry Becca, I didn't know-"

"It doesn't make a difference. Those were innocent people that could have died. And for what?"

"I wanted their attention. The blur and his girlfriend." Gross. No.

"At what cost Leonard?"

"Becca please just-"

"Don't call me again." Then I hung up.