Chapter 21

"We were able to identify the other Trickster." Joe said while we all stood in S.T.A.R Labs. "His name's Axel Walker. Age 25. Apparently him and James have been corresponding through snail mail for over a decade."

"I should have been there." Barry said.

"Yeah so should've I." I said.

"Yeah where were you anyway you wouldn't answer the phone?" Cisco asked.

"Nowhere important." Barry just looked at me.

"We're gonna find your dad ok?" Caitlin said putting a hand on Barry.

"Definiantly." Cisco said.

"I guess I should have listened to you." Barry said to Dr. Wells and left. I got up and followed after him.

"Barry-"

"You were with Snart weren't you?" Barry snapped turning to face me. I stood there quiet. "You turned your phone off Becca while I was hunting for a bomb."

"You don't even take me with you for bombs Barry."

"But instead of answering the phone you went out with a criminal who's blackmailing us, and our father was taken hostage."

"You didn't know what was going on any more than did. Wells told you there was no bomb and you didn't listen."

"So what this is my fault? At least I was there. Doing something."

"It's nobody's fault Barry! But you don't get to judge me on what I do when you use the Flash to move in on Iris, who has a boyfriend!"

"You don't know anything Becca."

"I know that you don't see a problem with it, just like I didn't see a problem meeting with Leonard for an hour."

"Leonard? It's Leonard now?"

"Oh give me a break Barry."

"And if there's no problem with it, why keep it a secret? Why not tell them the truth?"

"Because right now the focus is our father. In the hands of two crazy people Barry. Getting everyone upset over something won't help Dad."

"I'm not ok with this Becca."

"Can we seriously focus on Dad right now Barry. We can argue over life choices later." Then I walked back to everyone else.

Later Iris called Joe and we learned she was at City Hall with the Trickster. Barry and I suited up and were off. Barry dropped me right by Iris and grabbed Jesse, slamming him into the wall demanding to know where our father was. 

"He's where you'll be soon." Jesse said with his crazy smile. Axel put something on Barry's arm. "Are you fimiliar with the movie speed? Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock? See you're the bus and that's the bomb. A kinectic bomb actually, and if you go below 600 miles per hour it'll explode." I went to freeze it when he started again. "It's also tempature sensitve, get it too cold and it explodes before the circuts can freeze. Same thing happens if you try to remove it." Axel pressed something and it started beeping. "Oooh it's active. Run, run, run, run, run." Barry ran off and as I was about to freeze them they both pointed a gun towards the people. "You start freezing, we shoot." I put my hands downs and Axel came over, cuffing my hands behind me.

I stood there while the people did what they wanted and waited for Barry to get back. Someone was gonna get him out of that. Suddenly everyone started freaking out like they were being pinched and the cuffs on ym hands were broke. Then Barry stood next to Jesse and Axel.

"It's ok, youve all been given the antidote."

"That wasn't very sanitary." Jesse said.

"Now where is Henry Allen?" Barry asked as both of us walked towards them.

"You're going to prison either way James." I told him. 

Jesse told us where he was and about the timer on his chair. Barry ran off while Joe came in with the police to arrest them both. I snuck out the back and went to S.T.A.R. Labs.

~o~

The next morning Barry brought our dad to the lab. Dad knowing our secret. 

"Wow." Dad said looking around. "Half of this didn't even exist when I practiced."

"Yeah well, I'd be happy to give you a crash course on all of it if you get out." Cisco said. Dad gaev Cisco a look. "I'm gonna shut up now." That cause Dad to laugh. 

"It's ok."

"Dr. Allen?" Caitlin said as she walked towards him.

"Yes?"

"I'm feeling the need to give you a hug."

"Absoluly. I will always accept a hug." Dad said hugging her.

"It's true. He's a hugger." I said and we all laughed. 

"Thank you." Dad walked over to our suits and looked at Barry and I.

"Wow. You gotta tell me. What does it feel like running down the street like a bat outta hell?"

"For me or for him?" I asked and we all laughed.

"There's no feeling like it." Barry said and looked at me.

"Well it's not the same effect for me but, with Barry, it's still pretty amazing."

"I bet." Dad said. "You two were always close." He looked at everyone else. "Actually you're all heros in my book, especially you, Dr. Wells." Dad walked over to Dr. Wells. "Thank you. For everything that you've done for my kids." He shook Dr. Wells hand.

"Well, your children, are extraordinary, Dr. Allen, and I will do everything in my power to ensure their furture." Dad looked back at us and hugged us both.

"Don't be afraid of how you feel Becca. Even if it seems wrong." He whispered in my ear and pulled away. Turning to Joe he held his hands out. "It's time Joe."

"No." Joe said. He wasn't putting my father in cuffs on the way.

"No?"

"No." Dad nodded his head and they walked away. Caitling came over to us and hugged us both.

"You seemed liek you could use a hug too." She said to us and left.

"Your father's an extraordianry man." Dr. Wells said. "You're lucky to have him." Barry looked at him.

"We're lucky to have you too." Barry said putting his hand on Dr. Wells' shoulder. Then we both left.

After Joe gets back from taking Dad back we had decided to tell Eddie. Iris was getting close to danger and if she found something Wells didn't want her to find she was next.

I was in Barry's office waiting for Joe when my phone went off.

"Hello?"

"You never answered. I was worried."

"I'm fine. I was with my dad before he went back."

"Doe she know about you and your brother?"

"Yeah he does. He's proud of us."

"I'm glad you got some time with him. I have to go but I wanted to make sure you were alright after the Trickster."

"I am."

"I'm glad. I'll call you as soon as I'm able. If you'll answer anyways." I was silent for a moment.

"I will. If I'm at by the phone anyway." I could hear him smile.

"I'll call you soon then." Then we hung up.

Now just to tell Eddie what was going on and find whatever there was to find on Dr. Wells.