Found

AN- I'm new to this. It is my first book sooo yeah. Constructive criticism is welcome to help me improve my writing:) Ummm I will update as often as possible but I have many sports and other things you know. Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. They all belong to Shannon Messenger. (who is super great by the way)

Sophie was hunting for her lunch when all of the sudden a noise made her jump and fall out of her tree. She had heard the noise years before, hmmm. Even though she had grown up in the wilderness since age six, teaching herself how to hunt and stealth and other survival skills, she was still clumsy and easily jump-scared. She had learned to talk and read and as far as she knew it had been instinctive. She assumed the noise was a squirrel and moved on in her hunt. Later she again heard a noise and this time it sounded like footsteps.

"Hello? Is anybody there?" she called. To her surprise someone answered back.

"Yes. My name is Fitz Vacker and I've come to take you to where you belong."

"And where might that be?" She started to back up and soon she was sprinting through the forest.

"Wait! You don't have to be afraid I won't hurt you."

Slowly Sophie came to a stop. "Fine I'll give you one chance to show yourself and prove why you are trustworthy."

He stepped out into the clearing. Sophie nearly fainted, he was the cutest boy she had ever seen, even if he was he one of few. Teal eyes and dark hair, he flashed a movie star worthy smile and she decided to trust him for the moment. She felt he heart flutter and sighed, Stupid heart.

AN: don't worry there may be Fitz bashing later because well just read on.

"Now you trust me don't you, 'cause of my amazingly good looks?"

She actually did, but he didn't seem to be joking about his looks. He seemed to actually have an ego larger than the universe, which despite growing up with animals, Sophie thought that it seemed to be bad.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~
They raced to the edge of the forest and Fitz instructed her on what a car was, and how to get in and such.

"You know, I've been looking for you for years. I mean like forever."

Sophie was surprised, "Me? Why me? I'm not special, I'm just Sophie Foster."

"Well you're not as special as me, but then again, no one is." There's that ego again, she thought. "An organization called the Black Swan created you and placed you in the forest to grow up with animals and create a unique bond with them. Or so I'm told..." he added as an afterthought. "So yeah. I'm taking you to my house, and your new guardians Grady and Edaline Ruewen will be there. The lost a daughter twenty-two years ago to a fire, so be sensitive and kind. You're college age though, so you'll go to the college me and my close friends all will attend in the fall, Foxfire. The campus is the most beautiful place in this island-in most people's opinion..." Fitz paired this with an eye roll, making Sophie wonder who he was referring to.

"Wait, we're on an island? Oh wait, of course we are. I mean I fish at the beach all the time but somehow I never made that connection....you alright there?" Sophie asked.

Fitz was silent for the rest of the car ride to their house which he called Everglen. Sophie sighed when she realized she may have hurt his enormous ego by not knowing that they lived on an island. Boys. she thought.
~~~~~~~~~
Grady and Edaline were super kind but really timid and careful, like they didn't want too strong a connection with her. She tried not to be hurt but in truth it kind of stung. She hoped they would realize that she understood, what with losing her parents. Maybe that's why they were paired together. To heal each other's broken hearts.

Sophie shook herself out of her thoughts and studied her new guardians. Edaline's eyes were turquoise and her hair fell to her waist in soft curls. She was gorgeous. Grady was ruggedly handsome and looked as if life hadn't been kind to him.

They brought her to their property, referring to it as "Havenfield". Inside was an amazing kitchen-dining room-living room combo, and Sophie's bedroom took up the entire third floor! Edaline then gave Sophie something she referred to as mallowmelt. It was the best thing Sophie had ever tasted. She may or may not have had four slices. That night Sophie got the best rest she ever had in her seventeen years of life.

AN: I know it's short but it's my first chapter ever. I know that it was also a little jumpy on the timeline but I'll try to be better about that. I hope you liked it.
QOTD: What is Sophie's human father's middle name?