Friends

AN: Disclaimer all characters belong to Shannon messenger, queen of making people throw their book across the room in anger at the cliffhangers she writes.

Sophie woke to the smell of bacon and pancakes. Wait! How did she know what those were and what those smelled like?! Then she remembered about being the Black Swan experiment and realized they probably somehow planted all this human information in her brain to help her survive here once she came. She only hoped they included everything for college...

She and Edaline went shopping that day, and wow! She got Sophie a lot of clothes. Her favorite was a black shirt with a winter green jacket, red scarf, blue jeans, and soft light brown ankle high boots.

 Her favorite was a black shirt with a winter green jacket, red scarf, blue jeans, and soft light brown ankle high boots

It was perfect for just a casual day at school or to go out with friends or so she was told. Edaline promised her that she would make many in the days and weeks to come. Sophie wasn't so sure. What if no one liked her? What if she got there and just made a fool of herself in front of everyone? What if the Black Swan didn't put information for classes in her head? Sophie was freaking out about everything all of the sudden.

Well I guess I'll just have to wait and see. If they don't like me for who I am then they aren't true friends, whatever that means. Sophie thought.

AN: that's true advice for anyone. If you spend all the time trying to change into someone else, they may not be the type of people you want to hang around.

They ate lunch at a cute little diner called Future Tense. She wondered where they got that name, it was kind of cool and seemed like a good hangout spot. It also seemed like the kind of place someone would go to if they were having a rough time with something, stress, breakup, finals stuff like that. Sophie giggled and wondered if they had that mallowmelt stuff.

What is happening to me?! I'm supposed to be someone who survived seventeen years in the wilderness! Not a giggly college girl who thinks everything deserves a laugh that they think makes them look cute and girly! Gosh, get it together Sophie!

"Sophie...Sophie!" She snapped back to reality. "The waitress is here for our order. What do you want? There's burgers, fries, monseet-that's a local favorite. I bet you'd love it."

Sophie was silent for a moment. "Umm...what are you getting?"

She smiled warmly. "I'll have a monseet with fries and a blitzenberry shake."

Sophie decided to take her word for it. "I'll have what Edaline's having."

"Good choice. I think the monseet is almost better than mallowmelt."

"I seriously doubt that!" Sophie said laughing.

When the food finally came Sophie found out that monseet was...indescribable. It just looked amazing. It was like a combination of hibachi steak and vegetables and cheese and spices and others things. On a side note Sophie also thought the blitzenberry shake was amazing. This was definitely her favorite restaurant ever, even if she had only been to one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sophie went to sleep that night with only one worry-in two days she would be moving in to her dorm. Fitz had found her during what everyone referred to as summer vacation. Apparently that was a couple of months in the warm time of year when there was no school at all. And apparently also you moved up a year in school when it ended. It kind of made sense to her but not really.

The only thing that made Sophie feel a little better was the fact that all of her soon-to-be-friends, as Edaline called them, were starting their first year at Foxfire also. Everyone moved in the day after tomorrow, so she wouldn't be alone. Tomorrow though, she was meeting Fitz's sister Biana and one of their friends, Dex. Also twins named Tam and Linh. They girls would have a dorm and the boys would have a dorm. She was really nervous.

What if my roommates hate me? What if I make a fool of myself? Sophie decided that she would just have to wait and see.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the morning, Edaline showed Sophie the self-drive feature on the car the Vackers gave Sophie when she first arrived. It was the greatest thing because she had no idea how to drive a car. Sophie arrived at the Vacker mansion around ten in the morning, and wow! Fitz and Biana's group of friends was the most attractive group of people Sophie had ever seen.

Fitz- teal eyes, dark hair
Biana- teal eyes, thick chocolate brown hair that fell in soft waves to her waist
Linh/Tam- pale, silvery blue eyes, black hair with silver tips
Dex- periwinkle eyes, strawberry-blonde hair

Sophie immediately wished she had dressed up more or at least put on some make-up. She had worn jeans and a sweatshirt, which seemed like what everyone else was wearing but somehow she still felt really underdressed.

They hung out some and watched a movie. All too soon it was time to go home and get ready to move into there dorms tomorrow. At least Sophie knew she was going to have friends. She also could tell her and Biana would be best friends. Biana loved dresses and all things girly. She also seemed to love spending money on worthless girly stuff. Sophie would be there to keep her from going overboard. So would Linh, but a little less because she was just a milder version of Biana. I was walking to my car with Linh, when Biana came racing out of her giant house.

"Sophie! Linh! I'm glad I caught you! Would you guys like to stay the night? Fitz is at Dex's with Tam, I think, so it would be a girls' night! Just the three of us. We could do makeovers and truth or dare and get to know you games..." Biana got a dreamy look in her eyes. Sophie didn't know if she should be scared or excited.

"Sure! Let me just call Grady and Edaline to make sure. And by the way, I didn't know what any of that stuff was. Truth or dare? Makeovers? Get to know you games?"

"Omg Sophie!! Now you have to stay and learn about the world of teenage girls!! I promise you won't be disappointed." Somehow she was even more excited than before. The dreamy look was back. "Dresses and makeup and crushes and dates and high heels. Oh Sophie you have no idea how happy I am to be able to teach you!"

Sophie decided that she was in for a long night.

QOTD: What type of elixir had Dex slipped Stina when Sophie saw her for the first time?