The Library

AN: Well... enjoy I guess? I never know what to say... Fault in our stars is a real book and it's not mine (disclaimer)

Keefe brought Sophie to the library, and after listening to him whine for fifteen minutes, she finally let him go with her inside.

"You should read this one, how about this one? This one looks good too, but what about that one on display?" Keefe had been pestering her with "suggestions" for reading for about the entire time they had been there.

"Do you see why I wanted to come alone yet?" Sophie wondered how she had given in to letting him come with her. She had pretended to come with a specific book in mind and Keefe kept distracting her from pretending to finding it.

"This one?" Keefe asked innocently.

"Fine, you know what Keefe? Pick your favorite book and give it to me to read!"

" I thought you needed a specific book?"

"Stop or my offer won't stand anymore!" Keefe couldn't stop with the sarcasm or unnecessary comments apparently.

(Like me😂 my parents get angry and ask if my sarcasm has an off switch and I just laugh and say no:)

Keefe stopped laughing and his face turned serious. "Okay, Sophie."
Sophie had only a moment to think about why Keefe had listened to her, or why he turned serious all of the sudden, when he returned
a few moments later with a book titled, Fault in Our Stars. "This is my favorite book." He smiled and said, "You'll probably cry but I bet you'll love it. And by the way, where did you learn to read?"

"It's instinctive, duh. And sure, I'll read it," Sophie responded. "I'll check this out and then we can head back."

She got up to leave and made it about three steps before she tripped over her own feet. She braved herself to slam the ground, but instead fell into a pair of strong arms.

"Whoa, Foster. Falling for me already?" He smirked down at her.

Sophie blushed and pushed away from him. She snapped her fingers in front of his face. "Hey Keefe, reality is over here, so get your head out of your fantasies."

"You have no idea." He mumbled under his breath.

"What?" Sophie asked in confusion.

"What? Sorry lost in thought," he smiled sadly, then smirked. "Let's get back to the room. I bet they're wondering where we are. Especially Fitzy for youuu."

"Ha! Very funny. I bet he's wondering how perfect he thinks he looks right now. His ego is larger than our universe! Wait no that's not even funny. How about this one? If his ego were any bigger he'd float away. Or hmmm I out of ideas. You got any?"

"Uh Foster I don't think I could beat the sheer terribility of your jokes. I mean cmon," he laughed. "Those weren't good at all. Try if one more girl compliments him his ego may explode and take us out with him! Now that's an A+ burn!" Keefe turned to her, but his expression became puzzled when he saw her face.

"What's wrong Foster? You look like someone just told you you were a llama."

"Nothing, it's just- what's A+? And isn't a burn something you get from skin exposure to excessive heat?" Sophie was extremely confused.

"Wow Foster i can almost feel you're confusion from here. A+ is just a grade. Something to tell you how you did on something. A+ is the highest you can get. And yeahhh a burn is something super extra mega hot touches you but it also means to insult. Like you can't drive at eighteen. Burrrn!" Keefe laughed at his own joke, which made Sophie feel even more stupid and out of touch.

"Oh." Sophie said this in a small voice which made it obvious how much she was hurt by his reaction to her question.

Keefe's eyes immediately softened. "I'm so sorry I didn't even think about what I was saying. Of course you don't know those things you've only been here like a week. I'm sorry, Sophie."

Sophie's head snapped up from where she had been pouting. "Sophie?!" Her mind was thinking He really means his apology-I don't think he's called me Sophie at all yet...

Sorry for the ridiculously short chapter and not updating in forever... I've been extremely busy sports and school and stuff:) I'll try to make the next chapters longer. This was also so terrible. Terrible writing. I don't even know what happened.

QOTD: Who do you think Sophie's parents will be? (There are no wrong answers...if they are within reason:)