Chapter 20: The Frosts and New Beginnings

Everyone was gathered in the common room to discuss our plan for the Frost sisters. Were we going to work with them? I really don't want to.

"The Frost sisters will be here soon. We need to decide what to do." John said.

"If we work with them, we are doing exactly what they want us to do. They've manipulated us from the start." I said bitterly.

"They saved us." Clarice said.

"Yeah, well, some people are just really good at deceiving you." I shrugged.

"Far as I'm concerned, the psychics are a nonstarter." Marcos said with his arms crossed.

"Because their tactics make you uncomfortable?" Lorna asked.

"Uncomfortable? They murdered a dozen people without even blinking. We don't know the first thing about them." Marcos said getting a little angry.

"We never let murderers into the Underground before. Why should we start now?" I asked.

"We're at war now. We need all the help we can get." Lorna said angrily.

"We do know one thing about them. They saved our asses." Clarice added.

"They saved themselves, and pulled us right into an all-out war with Sentinel Services." Marcos said obviously annoyed people were considering working with them.

"Congress could declare martial law." John said agreeing with Marcos.

"So? They didn't need martial law - when they killed my foster parents." Clarice said.

"Exactly. Why should we fight with one hand tied behind our backs? We need all the allies we can get. Do you want to cling to your ideals or do you want to survive?" Lorna asked passionately.

"We can't just chuck our principles because it's convenient. No, the X-Men chose us for a reason, and it's not 'cause we can kill. If we wanted to kill people, we would've done it a thousand times already, but we didn't. We have to be better than that. Now, we need to take out the Hound program, and we will, Lorna. But we have to do it our way." Marcos said clinging to the ideals we built this place on.

"Listen up. I just got word over the police radio. Something big is about to go down." Sage said entering the room.

"Where?" John asked concerned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got word that Fairburn Station was getting hit by Sentinel Services so we piled in a car and were headed there to help.

"Reed, We're on our way, less than five minutes out. What's going on?" John said on speaker phone with Reed.

"We're hiding out at the south end of the building, but we can't get to an exit." Reed explained with a lot of background noise.

"How many people are with you?" John asked.

"Uh, just us and Wes. Uh, most of the refugees have already surrendered. Uh, Andy's hurt." Reed said.

"How bad?" John asked concerned.

"He's unconscious, but Cait is afraid to move him. Wes has put up a mirage to hide us. I don't think he can hold on forever." Reed said.

"All right, we're almost there. Just hold on. We'll portal in, get you out of there." John said loudly as we sped faster toward the station. We got to the station and pulled in around the back. We got out of the car trying to find a window for Clarice to portal to. John used his abilities to see what Sentinel Service's plans were.