Epilogue

It's been a few weeks since Lorna, Fade, Sage, and Andy left. We were currently in some fleabag motel trying to find them. I was currently raiding the minibar.

"Really? You're drinking at a time like this?" John asked.

"Yeah. It's a good time because my best friend tried to kill me a few weeks ago and we haven't had a solid lead as to where they are, so I can't do anything. What I can do is drink this mini bottle of vodka and try to forget all my problems. You should take notes from me. You need to relax." I said already feeling a slight buzz.

"Maybe you're right. Give me a bottle." John said. I handed him a mini bottle of whiskey.

"Do you really think we'll find them?" I asked putting my legs over his as he sat next to me. 

"I hope we do, but at this point, we don't know where they're going and Marcos is losing hope every single day. I think we need to start looking to make roots somewhere." John said.

"It won't hurt to have a place to call home. And to stop staying in disgusting motels. We're still hiding from Sentinel Services, so we're still going to be somewhere gross, but it'll be nice to go to the same gross place instead of different gross places." I said half joking. 

"Yeah..." John said getting lost in his thoughts.

"Hey, this isn't your fault. We did everything we could." I said trying to comfort him. 

"I didn't do enough." John said.

"Yes you did." I said taking his face in my hands. I began to kiss him to make him forget. This is probably the last night we could do anything like this, so I was going to make the most of it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

END OF BOOK 1