11

( Drop the bag. )

A few Months Later
Forks, Washington.

Melissa sits in the futon in her new room, AKA Jasper's old room. The hybrid finally phased. She was terrified when the symptoms came, Sam and the other tribe elders helped her. She even had to buy a bed, because apparently, she gets tired and has to sleep now.

Melissa did keep the futon, and the other bedrooms the same. She kindly got new furniture for the foyer and for the second flor living room. The kitchen us spotless now, too.

Melissa begins smelling a vampire, and by the sticky sweetness, she knows it isn't the Cullen's. Growing alert, Melissa place the mystery novel she was reading beside her and she slowly creeps down to the second floor. This is where she comes face to face with the man who forced vampirism upon her.

"Laurent!" Melissa gasps.

"Ma chère, douce et belle Melissa." Laurent purrs in his perfect French before he notices the silence of the house. "The others, they aren't here?"

"Not at the moment, but they will return." Melissa replies as she traces her finger down Laurent's face. "Your eyes are lighter, Laurent, mon amour."

"I have grown accustomed to that animal diet." Laurent kisses the back of Melissa's had, she had been his blood singer in his human years. "With the help of the lovely Irina."

"I am so proud of you, mon amour." Melissa places a kiss on Laurent's cheek.

"I have to go, mon amour." Laurent plants a soft kiss on her lips before he leaves.

Having a bad feeling, she jumps off the second floor balcony, and phases in the air before landing on all fours. She trots into La Push and meets up with the pack.... Paul walks up and rubs against his imprint. She imprinted on Paul, too, when she phased into her fox red wolf. The pack of wolves smell Laurent in the clearing, the pack has been patrolling in Forks since the Cullen's left alongside Melissa.

Laurent turns away from Bella quickly as he hears Sam growl.

"It's not possible." Laurent says in fear as Melissa chases behind him.

She kills him easily before she phases back. Paul trots up to her with his oversized t-shirt in his snout. He holds it towards the beautifully naked woman in front of the pack. She slips the shirt on when she awkwardly the entire pack checking her out, even the engaged Sam. She grabs a stick and rock, then strikes them together until flames ignite on the stick. She drops it on the body.

Paul lays down beside the woman, and she climbs onto his back. Melissa snuggles into Paul's warm fur as he trots towards La Push. Emily has been wanting to see the young hybrid for a few weeks. Paul lets her climb off in the shrubs behind Emily and Sam's, then he phases back. The man grabs the shorts than Melissa is holding out to him, and he tugs them on.

Paul and Melissa have a steady relationship. They aren't an exclusive couple, but they don't see anyone else. The kiss Laurent gave her was a shock. Hers was shocking to even herself. She told Paul about it in mind link, while she was killing Laurent. He understood, from their past relationship. Which she is thankful. She truly likes Paul.

"Melissa!" Emily gasps when the muddy girl comes in, she got kinda muddy while fighting Laurent. "Let me run you a bath."

"That was a good save back there, Mel." Jacob compliments as he pats her back.

Melissa says nothing and she goes to the bathroom. She hasn't spoken out loud since Laurent left her home in Forks. Emily hugs the girl.

"I will get you some clothes; the water's hot, relax." Emily then walks out.

Melissa strips out of Paul's t-shirt, and slides into the water. The wolf walks in and he sits on the toilet.

"Are you ok, Mel?" Paul asks as he gently rubs some shampoo into the woman's hair.

"Yeah." Melissa replies. "I'm better now with the hot bath and you washing my hair."

Emily lays the clothes on the sink and she leaves, leaving the pair alone. Paul leans down and he kisses Melissa.

"Let's be exclusive." Paul offers. "I like you, a lot."

"All right, sounds great." Melissa says as she stands up out of the water, and steps out of the tub.

Melissa dresses in the plaid pajama pants and white tank top, without a bra might she add. Emily has went to fetch her one, along with a spare outfit. Paul pulls Melissa into his arms, and kisses her deeply then the pair leaves the bathroom. The new couple cuddle on the couch, and Sam starts the movie.