15

"They're late." Rosalie groans.

"Don't complain." Melissa demands and she shuts up.

There are growls heard, and the pack shows up. Melissa smiles and walks up to Paul's wolf. He nuzzles his head against her stomach.

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms." Edward says.

"They're here, that's what matters." Carlisle says before he looks at the wolves. "Welcome. Jasper has experience with newborns. He knows how to defeat them."

Sam growls a little, and Melissa growls at him. He shuts up.

"They want to know how they differ from us," Edward says as he reads Sam's mind.

"They are a great deal stronger than us, because their human blood still lingers in their veins." Carlisle explains as Melissa stands between Sam and Paul. "Our kind is never more powerful than the first several months in this life."

"Carlisle is right," Jasper says as he steps forward. "That's why they are created. The newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army, and no human army can stand against them. There are two real important things to remember. Firstly, don't let them wrap their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly. And secondly, don't go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that, and you will lose."

He goes to walk away. "Melissa, come."

The relatives stand face to face.

"Don't hold back." Jasper says.

"Not in my nature," And the two charger at each other.

"Carlisle, Edward, you're up." Jasper says as the two finish, Melissa feels amazing and her baby is moving at the excitement.

"One more thing." jasper says as Carlisle gets Edward on the ground. Jasper smirks. "Don't turn your back on the enemy."

Melissa stands back as Jasper trains with Rosalie, then with Alice. Alice kisses Jasper softly before she jumps down. Melissa hears a second strange heartbeat. Like her other.....

"Um, guys?" Melissa stammers and everyone turns to her. "Listen."

Carlisle is the first to react. "Oh my, Twins."

Paul's wolf trots over to his imprint and he nuzzles against her, letting the hybrid know everything will be alright. Carlisle actually smiles at his mate and her imprint before the training ends for the day.
----

"Ooh, look at that belly!" Emily coos as she touches the hybrid's stomach and gasps. "Was those two different sets of kicks?"

"Twins," Melissa coos. "I'm having twins."

Emily squeals happily before she rushes off to cook for Melissa, since she is eating for three. Sam and Paul soon walk in. Both in cut off denim shorts and no shirt. Sam gives Mel a half hug before he goes to love on Emily.

"Hey, babe." Paul greets before kissing Melissa deeply. "Hi, babies." He greets the babies in her stomach and listens to their heart beats.
*****

Forks.

****

Carlisle is locked in his office, Esme is worried. They had all heard the two heartbeats in Melissa's stomach. The Voltari doesn't want her dead, Esme knows this much. They want her on the guard. They will take her, and the children. And Esme will lose all three. Because she doesn't see Melissa sticking around.

******+

"Can we talk?" Paul asks Melissa as she finishes eating.

"Mhmm." Melissa replies and the two sit on the porch swing on the back porch. "What's wrong, Paul? You look down."

"I.... I wanna break up." Paul says. "I kind of imprinted on someone else."

"But yo... you're my imprint." Melissa gasps.

"I know, but I imprinted on a human." Paul states. "On..... Jacob Black's sister, Rachel."

A tear leaves Melissa's eye as she slaps the hell out of Paul. The hothead blinks his eyes in shock of the power behind the slap before he begins shaking.

Mel! Get back!" Jared yells but it's too late.

Paul phases and his claw connects with Melissa's face. She falls back and Jared is quick to catch her. Sam comes running out and he bends down beside the incautious hybrid.

"Emily, call Carlisle Cullen, Now!" Sam demands and his fiancée runs inside. "Jared, get her to the couch please. And whatever you do, be easy. She is having twins."

Jared carefully picks up the pregnant Melissa and carries her to the living room. Carlisle and Emmett are both already there. They aren't angry at Paul. Both of them know he was a hothead, so did Melissa when she slapped him. And she wasn't fast enough to move.

"Please make sure the babies are ok." Paul pleads, in tears. "I didn't mean to do this."

"Paul, shut up," Leah Clearwater snaps. "You did this! I am listening to the babies right now!"

Sam looks shocked by Leah's outburst but he says nothing as Carlisle works on Melissa's face, Emmett holds his friends hand. Leah doesn't like the vampires, but she has became somewhat close with Melissa. Especially since she became pregnant. Seth too. Especially now that she is carrying twins.

"She and the babies will be fine." Carlisle says as he stands. "She should rest a while before the fight. The girl used her gift to get into the fight."

"Of course she did." Jared chuckles as he sits at her feet. "She's badass."

"She sure is." Emmett agrees before the Cullen's leave.

Leah sits to where Melissa's head is on her lap, and she strokes her hair as Melissa sleeps.