16

Melissa Whitlock's POV
****

I sit perched on a rock as the twins move around. The wolf pack are all behind the rock I am sat on. Edward has Bella on the mountain, away from the fight. Seth Clearwater is with the two, to help protect the human. Bella is so precious, almost innocent.... She'd have been better off to stir clear of the supernatural world. I wish I had, daily. Everyday since Laurent forces this life upon me.

The newborn army soon comes out of the woods, soaking wet. They must have traveled through the water. I watch as they come closer, my babies moving around by the anticipation and excitement I am feeling from the wolves. I'm also feeling the fear from my vampire coven and mate. Carlisle is trying to be brave, but I feel his true emotion.

Jasper is the only confident on amongst my coven. He doesn't look it, but he feels it. What you feel is important about who you are. I've been having labor like cramps all day, but I wasn't going to the hospital while my family are risking their lives for Isabella Swan.

The wolves jump over the rock as the fight gets deeper in. I smirk as I see the surprise and fear amongst the newborns, and the fight continues on when the wolves join in. A newborn stands beneath me. I leap down and I land on top. He looks at my stomach and my now yellow eyes before I rip his head off.

"Mel, watch out!" Esme yells.

I quickly turn and yell, "Freeze!"

The female vampire freezes in her steps, and I approach her in a waddle as Sam watches me with protective eyes. My fingers brush her hair back, and she closes her eyes at the pleasurable feeling. Smirking, I stop then rip her head off.

***

We are burning bodies when we hear someone around us. We see a newborn going at Leah. I go to run over but Jacob beets me to him. He fights the newborn until it reaches his arms around Jacob's torso, and crushes him.
----

"How long?" Carlisle asks Alice.

"A few minutes, maybe ten." She replies.

"The pack needs to leave," Edward says. "The Voltari won't honor our truce with the wolves."

The pack leaves with Jacob, carrying him to Billy's.

"They're coming!"

Four figures come out, and I immediately recognize them. Jane and Alec, the twins. Then there are the guards, Felix and Dimitri. Another crap hits and I grip onto Jasper.

"Impressive." Jane is the first to speak, she looks worried for me slightly. "I have never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact."

"We were lucky." Carlisle says as he holds me up as I feel my babies coming.

"I doubt that." Jane replies as she watches me clinch onto my stomach.

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight." Alec speaks, he isn't paying me any attention, luckily.

"Yes. It's not often we are rendered unnecessary." Jane says, her eyes are watching me.

"Emmett, get her home and deliver the babies, now." Carlisle demands.

"Yes, go. She doesn't need to be here." Jane says on edge. "Good luck,,, in the delivery."

Alec nods at me before Emmett flashes away with me in his arms.
------

"Come on, Mel, baby one is almost here." Emmett tells me. "Push."

I squeeze my eyes closed and push until cries fill the room.

"Baby one, a boy." Emmett says as Carlisle flashes in, and takes him.

"PJ.... Peter Jasper Whitlock." I state, after the one who had saved Jasper.

Emmett smiles. "All right, looks like baby two is ready. I need you to push, Mel."

"Em, you and Rose are god parents if I don't make it." I tell him.

He looks shocked but thankful, Rosalie is smiling by the door as well. I push. screaming out as well. Then baby cries fill the room, and to my luck, I still have my strength.

"Baby two, a girl." Emmett says as Rosalie takes her.

"Annabelle Marie Whitlock." I smile.

My babies are like me; wolf / vampire hybrids. I watch intently as they are bathed before they are handed to me.

"Hi, my babies." I coo as I look at my beautiful babies. "Let's go downstairs."

I dress PJ in a white onesie with a wolf on it and some black pants, and put Annabelle in a pink onesie with a wolf on it with white pants before carrying them downstairs where Edward stands with Bella. She smiles at the sight of two babies.

"We have something to tell you." Bella says and holds up her left hand, revealing a shiny ring. "We're engaged."

I smile proudly. "Congrats, Bella. You too, uncle Edward."

I sit on the couch with my twins, and I hum a tune my mother used to hum to me. Jasper finally walks in and he sits with us.

"What are their names?" Jasper asks.

"Peter Jasper Whitlock, PJ for short." I reply, earning a smile. "And Annabelle Marie Whitlock."

Jasper touches their faces, and we all relax for the first time in a long time, readying to plan the Cullen / Swan wedding.