13

Melissa walks into the high school beside her uncle Jasper. Alice has let them spend time together, where they had been gone for so long. Everyone knows she is dating Paul now. She made sure everyone knew when she got home, and hugged everyone.

"It's senior year, Mel." Jasper says as he drapes a loving arm over her shoulder.

"And graduation is right around the corner." Melissa adds as they all walk down the halls, she and Jasper share every senior class.

"And watch Alice throw another one of her parties." Jasper mutters.

"We both know what happened last time." Melissa says softly and they enter their Calculus class.

---------

The group are all sitting with Bella and her human friends at lunch. Jessica was shocked, But welcoming at the same time. Rosalie hates sitting here. Melissa can feel her hunger and her anger towards the other vampires.

"I've decided to throw a party." Alice chirps as she sits right beside Jasper. "I mean, ho many times do we get to graduate high school?"

"Another party, Alice?" Bella asks. "You know what happened at the last one."

Melissa's stomach drops and she frowns.

"This one will be great." Alice chirps.

"At your house?" Jessica asks.

"I've never seen your house before." Angela comments.

"Nobody has ever seen their house, Ang." Eric tells his girlfriend.

Alice is smiling as she sits back. Melissa is feeling bad because Bella brought up her near slip. She had never been tempted by human blood, EVER, until Bella. Jasper grabs his nieces hand and he leans in.

"Calm down, Mel." He whispers, only the family can hear. "It's ok."

"I could have killed her, and she brings it up." She snaps in a whisper. "I can't sit here anymore."

Melissa stands abruptly, and Bella looks at her quickly. The hybrid walks away in a hurry, and leaves the school. She gets into her black jeep Cherokee she bought two months ago, and she drives to Sam and Emily's in La Push.

"Hey." Sam greets as the hybrid as she gets out of her vehicle. "Come on in."

Melissa smiles at her alpha and walks in. Considering she is part wolf and part vampire, she is apart of both the pack and the coven. Sam steps aside and lets the hybrid in. Paul walks right up and kisses her deeply.

"Paul..." Melissa groans. "I come to get away from Bella, and you kiss me? Really?"

"You're mine, I can kiss you when I please." Paul mutters.

"Paul, I imprinted on you, too, remember." Melissa chuckles. "I have a mate, and an imprint. And I've chosen to be with you. So, relax Paul Anthony."

"Why did ma tell you my middle name?" Paul asks in w winey tone.

"Because I asked her for it.." Melissa replies with a smirk.

Paul rolls his eyes before Emily calls for everyone to eat.
-----

Melissa goes home after seeing Anne for a little while.

"Where were you?" Jasper asks in a fatherly tone, he took over as her father.

"La Push, I need to calm down so I went to my imprint." Melissa replies. "I'm his imprint, and Carlisle's mate. Carlisle is my mate, and Paul is my imprint. Being a hybrid is confusing."

"Caius Voltari seems pretty interested in you....." Edward says as the hybrid comes up the stairs and enters the kitchen area. "He wants you in Volterra. He is speaking with Aro and Marcus. If they agree....."

"It'll be like me all over again, they want me also, due to my gift." Alice explains.

"Mine is for my control gift and my species, Alice." Melissa informs her. "I am both a vampire and a wolf."

Esme hands Melissa a chicken strip salad before she hugs her with one arm. "You don't have to go to Italy. You always have a spot here."

"Thank you, Esme." Melissa coos.

"No thank you, for choosing your imprint over your mate." Esme chuckles with the hybrid. "I wasn't prepared to lose Carlisle."

"I love Carlisle, but nowhere near as much as I love Paul." Melissa replies after swallowing a grilled chicken strip. "Paul has been here for me since you guys left after Jasper and I almost attacked Bella."

"Will there be a wedding?" Alice asks as she carries a box of decorations down, she must have been in the small attic.

"No, he doesn't want to get married." Melissa coos as she begins feeling sick. "mm." She moans before she flashes to a bathroom and throws up.

She hurriedly grabs her phone and dials the Lahote landline.

"Hello?" Anne's sweet voice says through the speaker.

"Anne, it's Melissa; is Paul home?" Melissa panics.

"No, sweetie, he's at Sam's." Anne replies. "Are you ok?"

"I will talk to you after I talk to him." Melissa hands up and dials Sam's landline.

"Hello?" Jared's happy voice says over the speaker.

"Jared, it's Melissa."

"Hey, Mel!" Jared greets. "Why do you sound worried?"

"I need to talk to Paul." Melissa says before using her gift. "Get me Paul!"

"Babe?" Paul says after a few seconds.

"I think I'm pregnant." Melissa claims as she finds Carlisle, he agrees to testing her so they go upstairs. "Carlisle is checking to see."

"Keep me on the phone." Paul demands as he sits in one of the dining chairs.
*****

"Paul, Melissa, I have the results." Carlisle says, Melissa has her phone on speaker phone now.

"What's the word, doc Cullen?" Paul asks, his hatred of them as weakened, but it is still there.

"Melissa is pregnant, about three months." Carlisle says. "But the thing is, where she is both vampire and werewolf, I don't know how long this pregnancy will be."

Melissa holds her stomach as Paul hangs up, he goes to tell the pack the news.

"Carlisle, could you tell the others?" Melissa asks softly.

Carlisle touches her hand that is on her stomach. "Of course, Mel." He walks out to do as asked.

Melissa walks up to Jasper's room, and lays on the bed she put in. Sleep finds her soon enough as she holds her stomach in fear.

The Mate and the Imprint जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें