Part 12

"You shouldn't be the worried one; I should be the worried one. I'm the who asked you to marry me without even considering asking your father. And, not to mention, your dad did not looked pleased when he saw a half naked man standing in his kitchen." Yoongi said nervously. "Why is it always the dad's that hate me? Like, they just see me and hate me. Like, what did I do to you?? For some odd reason the moms always seem to like me but the dad's just think I'm gonna kill their daughter or something." Yoongi said to himself/me.
   "What where you even doing shirtless?" I asked suspiciously, slightly tilting my head to the side.
   "I was getting a cup of water... It's two in the morning, why even would I be wearing one?" He asked putting a hand on my waist. I looked away with a nod realizing how dumb of a question that was.
  I sighed and kept quiet for a good minute.  "We're gonna have to tell then eventually.."
I said as I stood up. Yoongi also stood up and put both hands on my waist. I opened the door, but quickly pushed his hands off my waist. I looked at him and mouthed "my dad Yoongi! My dad!" He looked away with a nod. I turned on my heals and walked into the hall. I glanced back at him as we walked into the dining room.
  There was a very awkward silence and a strange tension lingered as we walked into the dining room. I sat down across from my mom as Yoongi sat down across the table from my dad.
   My dad stared Yoongi in the eyes. Yoongi stared back with no expression. I placed my hands in my lap and looked at my mom and dad with a small smile. "So um, let me formally introduce you to Min Yoongi..." They sat there not saying a word.
   The awkwardness just got a whole lot worse.
   It was silent for a few minutes. I glanced at both my parents before speaking.
   "Maybe we should finish this talk in the morning after a good night's rest....?" I asked slowly about to stand up.
  "No we're having the talk now..." My father said in a harsh voice still staring at Yoongi. "So what was that news that you wanted to tell us??" My mother asked egerly. Me and Yoongi glanced at each other. My mother's eyes widened. " Are you pregnant?!?!" She gasped out. Yoongi chocked on nothing and quickly looked down at the floor as I reached my hand out from my lap and waved them denying what she just said.
  "Nonononono nothing like that I swear!!!"
I said. My mother looked down at my hand noticing the ring.
   She gasped again. "YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!?!?!" my mother yelled out. I stopped at looked at her then at my hand. I nervously laughed. My mother stood up in excitement. My father death glared at Yoongi. "Without my blessing...." My father growled out, which was barely audible. Yoongi touched my thigh from under the table asking for help. My mother sat down with a large smile trying to calm herself.
"Dad it's okay...  Yoongi's a really good and caring guy...." I said as I put my hand on Yoongi's and put my fingers in between his. I was about to take my hand away from his but he squeezed my hand not wanting it to move from his thigh. "Here, come here. Let me see the ring." My mother said reaching out for me to show her. Yoongi stubbornly let go of my hand and I placed my hand in my mother's. She looked at it in awe. "My God it's beautiful." She said with a smile. Altho my dad didn't look that impressed.
  For some odd reason my mom seemed like she was much more interested in this then my dad. Usually it's the opposite. My dad's usually the happy cheery one and my mom's a bit more uninterested. Odd to say the least.
  My dad huffed. "Heh, doesn't even look that expensive." My dad said as he crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. Yoongi did well to hide it, but looked quite offended by what my father said.
  "I spent nearly $8,000 on that ring....." Yoongi said with a slight glare and a hint of nervousness in his voice. I looked at him in shock. "Why did you spend so much on a ring?!" I asked looking at him in the eyes. He looked at me then looked away shyly. "I thought it would be the only one that would look good on you...." He said looking down at the table, hands clenched out in front of him.
  I did a smile pout and put my hand on his reisuringly. "Ignore your father, Tay. I think it looked gorgeous." My mother said still in awe over the ring.
   "That's a large about of money for a ring, don't you think? That means you have to have a good paying job. So, who do you work for?" My father asked Yoongi, looking him dead in the eyes. Yoongi looked down at his pants and started patting his pockets looking for his wallet.
  "Coffee table." I said looking at him. He quickly got up and walked into the living room. He grabbed his wallet and pulled out one of his business cards. He walked back over and placed it down gently in front of my parents. My dad glared at Yoongi, then took the card. My father and mother both studied the card. My mother's eyes widened as she started down at the card in shock. "Your the owner of Hidies?" My mother asked confused and surprised. My father placed it down on the table unamused.
   "Heh like hell you are." My father said harshly. Yoongi took a, silent, deep breath in trying control his emotions. My mother looked at my father shocked. "Honey!" She said placing her hand on my father's  arm. "When he's off 'at work ' he's probably just at the club getting laid with a bunch of sluts and strippers." My father said crossing his arms and looking out at the living room.
  My eyes widened taking in what my father just said. I looked down at the table then my eyes quickly caught some movement from under the table. I noticed Yoongi's nails digging into his legs. I put my hand on his instantly calming him.
   "I think we should call it a night." I said as I stood up keeping my hand on Yoongi's. Yoongi followed close behind me, his hand tightly gripping mine. We walked back to my room and shut the door behind us.
  My parents stayed seated at the table.

   Sorry for such a late update. Hey, at least I did an update. Well hope y'all enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed making it. Sorry it being so short, love y'all!