Scorpius's Magic

Draco knew that Hermione was stressed out. Scorpius had not shown any signs of magic yet, and even though he was only three years old, he should have at least shown some sign of magic.

Draco wasn't worried, but he knew that Hermione's biggest fear was that they wouldn't have a magical child. And that it would be because of her heritage.

"Hermione," He started quietly, taking her hands. "I've told you so many times that it would not be a bad thing if he wasn't a wizard."

She shook her head, avoiding his eyes. "You say that, but you and I both know his life would be more difficult. The son of the two smartest people in their year not being able to do magic; the Prophet will have a field day."

He sighed and leaned back in his chair, looking over at Scorpius. Their son was quietly playing with a muggle set of blocks that her parents had gifted him for his last birthday, and much to his parents' displeasure, it was his favorite set of toys.

"He would have shown a sign by now," Hermione said, bringing him out of his thoughts.

"He's only just turned three, love," Draco said patiently.

"Blaise and Ginny's son started moving things around his first birthday!" She exclaimed angrily, gesturing towards the wall. "And Pansy's daughter started just after she turned two! He's three, Draco! How are you not worried?!"

"I'm not worried because he's our child, and he's going to be just fine," He answered.

She ran a hand through her curls in frustration. "You don't know he'll be fine. He could be a squib."

Then she leaned forward, putting her head in her hands and trying to hold back the tears. "If anything, it gives your parents more of a reason to hate me..."

He finally understood why it was bothering her. Standing up, he went into the kitchen to get a glass of wine for her. When he returned, he froze in the doorway.

"Hermione?"

"What?" She asked in an exasperated tone as she looked up at him.

Draco continued to stare right in front of her and she finally turned her head, seeing one of Scorpius's blocks hovering directly in front of her face.

She huffed angrily and grabbed the block out of thin air, standing up. "Very funny, Draco."

Before he could say anything she walked by him and over to Scorpius, setting the block down on the ground. "Scorp, honey, it's time to put the toys away and get ready for bed."

She turned away to reorganize a few books on the coffee table when she saw toys hovering by her, flying into the bucket where Scorpius's toys would always go when he wasn't playing with them.

Hermione turned to look at Draco and said, "Draco, stop that! He's supposed to put them away by himself!"

Draco simply smirked at her and said, "It's not me, love."

She stared at him for a few moments before looking down at Scorpius in confusion. He smiled up at her and then looked down at his stuffed bear. The bear began to lift itself off the ground and up towards Hermione, hovering right in front of her face. She gave a small laugh that was half crying and grabbed the bear, looking down at her son.

"Scorp! You can do magic!" She exclaimed, reaching down to pick him up.

He giggled loudly as she scooped him up and spun him around happily in her arms, happy tears streaming down her face. Draco grinned as he watched the display, unable to hold back his happiness.

"I told you to be patient," He said, making his way over to them.

Hermione wiped away her tears and kissed her son's head. "It was worth the wait!"

A/N: I'm kind of open to the names of the future Malfoy children, I'm not entirely set on Scorpius being the son's name but I think it works for some one-offs. I'm fairly certain this would be a legitimate fear of Hermione's until her children do start to show magical abilities, so I thought I'd do a small scene about it. Enjoy everyone! <3