Wedding Dances

Hermione smiled from across the room at her new husband as Draco discussed something happily with his father. She was still somewhat in disbelief that she was now Mrs. Hermione Malfoy, but the idea was certainly growing on her the longer she thought about it.

"Hermione!"

She looked up to see Pansy making her way through the crowd with a large grin on her face and a slight blush in her cheeks. Based on the nearly-empty whiskey glass in her friend's hand, Hermione suspected that Pansy was already feeling the whiskey.

"You are so beautiful!" Pansy exclaimed, taking Hermione's hand and looking her up and down. "I cannot get over just how perfect this dress is for you!"

"Thank you, Pans!" Hermione beamed happily. "And thank you again for helping me pick it out!"

Pansy waved her off and smiled widely. "Any time! Well, hopefully not anytime; this better be your first and only marriage!"

Hermione laughed at that and shot another look over to Draco as she said, "Oh I have no intentions of going anywhere, don't worry!"

"Good!" Pansy grinned and then looked around. "Hey, have you seen your maid of honor?"

After taking a quick glance around the room, Hermione shook her head. "No, I don't see Ginny anywhere. She might be in the bathroom."

"Or off snogging Blaise," Pansy muttered before taking another sip.

"Oh you noticed that too?" Hermione laughed. "I thought I was the only one who saw them looking at each other!"

"Are you kidding?" Pansy scoffed playfully. "Everyone saw them practically staring each other down during your ceremony. There was nearly as much chemistry between them as there was between you and Draco!"

The two of them laughed as Theo suddenly appeared and gave Pansy a kiss on the cheek before smiling at Hermione. "Well hello, the new Mrs. Malfoy!"

"Why do you have to say it like that?" Pansy asked, elbowing him in the ribs. "You make it sound like Draco had another wife before her!"

Theo stumbled across his words as Hermione laughed at this. She jumped then as she felt an arm snake around her waist and she looked up to see Draco smiling down at her.

"Hello dear," He said happily.

"Hello my love," She answered, smiling widely in return. "Long time no see!"

Draco chuckled and kissed her forehead before reaching for the wine glass in her hands. "Come on; it's time for our first dance!"

She happily handed her glass off and he set them down on a nearby table before leading her out onto the dance floor as the song slowed to a beautiful love song.

"So," Draco started with a smirk. "I hear your maid of honor might be crushing on my best man."

"You heard that too?" Hermione asked playfully. "I hear they may be snogging right this second!"

He laughed and shook his head. "They've been flirting for months; we should just get them together already."

"I wholeheartedly agree," She nodded. "They're too perfect for each other."

"I love how we're matchmaking at our own wedding," He said with a grin.

"I don't think it's matchmaking if they're already interested in each other and possibly sneaking off together," She said.

He shrugged and gently pushed her out for a twirl. "I'd like to still think it is."

"Fiiine," She sighed dramatically as she spun back against him and smiled up at him. "I still can't believe this has actually happened."