Familiar Voices

Chapter 30

Mitch's POV

I wake up at around 3:00 AM with Ashley in my arms. She was shaking and whimpering in my arms

"Ashley." I say shaking her awake. "Ashley wake up. You're having a bad dream!" Her beautiful brown eyes flutter open.

"What happened?" She asks.

"You were having a bad dream"

"Sorry. I was dreaming about the day Preston raped me. I felt like I was reliving that horror."

"It's okay." She yawns. And looks under the blanket we're under.

"Mitch, I'm naked."

"I only have my boxers on!"

"Did we do it?" She says worry across her face.

"I think we did." Then we hear a smash from downstairs.

"What was that?" She asks.

"I don't know. Wait, I can know" I say.

"How?"

"I have an app that connects with the surveillance cameras that is in every room in the house."

"Every room? Even the bathrooms?"

"Yes. Just don't question it! I was sick the day they set these up!" I turned on my phone, got on the app and it showed every room in the house. I checked every room twice.

"I don't see them. But the backyard camera has been cut" I say. I switch to the camera to the living room and see a person wearing all black and had a black hoodie on.

"Someone's in the house" Ashley says. I run over to my door and lock it. "It must be Preston or Natalie." Then 3 other black figures appeared.

"Ashley. There's 3 more"

"What?" She says in worry. I turn up the volume and hear one of them talking.

"They aren't downstairs" One says.

"Why can't we go after their friends?" A short one says.

"Because it's Mitch and Ashley we're going after" Another one says. I felt my heart sink.

"Upstairs in their room?" The tall one says. My heart just stopped.

"Must be" They says walking out of the room and up the stairs.

"Ashley, put your clothes on" I say handing the pajamas to her. "Looks like we have company" I say turning around to face the door. She changed in an instant. "Ashley, we have to hide." She nods her head fast. I lay my eyes on the only place I could think of.

"The closet! Come on!" I whisper pulling her in there closing the door, and locking it. I hold Ashley tight in my arms and she holds me tight in hers, shivering. They find my room and the door knob starts shaking. I look at Ashley and put my finger to my mouth. She understands and buries her face in my chest. They soon break the lock on my door and rush in looking around for us.

"Ashley. Mitch. Come out, come out, wherever you are" One taunts. His voice; it sounds too familiar. It wasn't Preston.

"Do you think they left?" Another asks.

"Maybe" I hear them leave and it's all quiet. Ashley and I take a breath. Then they open our closet door and evil grins appeared on their faces.

"I found you" One says. Two pulls me apart from Ashley and the other pulls Ashley away from me. I struggle in their arms, fighting and fighting to get to Ashley. They put a rag over Ashley's mouth and punch her in the back of the head, knocking her out. I fight stronger and struggle harder, but they do the same thing to me.

"Ashley!" I scream in the rag. But I feel a horrible pain in the back of my head, and my vision went black.

Holy shit a break in! If you can see where this is going, you are a freaking smart person 😏

-

Everything is just falling apart at home. It seems like nothing is going to get better. 😖

-

Plus, I'm writing this at 1:12am. 😬

-

Remember to like if you enjoyed, follow if you're new and would like to see more, and leave a comment of your thoughts on the chapter! Feedback is always appreciated! (Especially right now 😢)

-

Keep calm and read on.

-

~Nat 😣💕