Chapter 9: The Demon's Brother

~Aurora's Point of View~

I was in trouble. I could at least figure that part out.. My naivety had led me thus far, and I had to figure a way out. Fast.

"On second thought...." I started, but before I could finish I was interrupted by barking.

"Quiet down, Cerberus." He spoke, but the words were meaningless as he smirked deviously, sneaking a look at his pet in the rear-view mirror.

The dog payed no attention to his words, and continued his fuss as the car rolled to a stop in front of a large mansion. I sunk back further and further into the red leather seat, allowing it to swallow my small frame as I realized it was too late. I was going to die lavishly.

The engine was shut off with the click of a fancy button, and the man swiftly stepped out of the car, moving to open the back car door. Within a split second, the dog bolted straight into the direction of the front doors of the house.

I could've sworn the second it's paws hit the black cement, his build doubled. No, tripled.

I blinked hard.

The distance between the house entrance and where I sat in the park was quite lengthy, but the dog had already covered quite an amount already. I half expected the now wolf-like animal to run into the forest area surrounding the mansion, but it didn't. Wasn't it too big to fit through a doggy door of some sort?

Squinting his eyes because of the sunlight, he shook his head at the sight of his dog running and scoffed, mumbling incoherently. Silver chains hung heavily around his neck, contrasting against his dark clothing. His style definitely suited his demeanor, complimenting his personality as well. He lightly jogged the right side of the car and yanked open the door I was pressed against a little too eagerly. 

"Hello, darling." His bared his teeth in a devilishly handsome smile, outstretching his free hand towards me. He looked like he was going to jump in any second now and devour me.

I stared at the strand of hair that idly fell on his forehead, avoiding eye contact to buy myself whatever time I possibly had left. I tried to ignore the feeling of my heartbeat quickening. I don't want to take his hand. I still had a chance to make a run for it but a part of me was curious. Oh so curious.

His ring-clad hand was surprisingly soft with his touch, gently tugging me out of the car and right into his chest.

Oh. My. God.

I yelped in embarrassment, pushing myself off of him to create as much distance as I could manage to (even though my attempt was futile against his rock solid stance).

If you could touch the sun right now, it would feel like my face.

"Let's go get you fixed up."

He took a hold of my hand once more, deepening the tint of red flush on my cheeks, and guided me towards the mansion quietly.

I felt that same wave of relief wash over me again, and suddenly the tension was gone. I felt my shoulders drop, my jaw unclench and the worried wrinkles between my brows unravel. He noticed the sudden change in my posture, and his grip on my hand tightened, speeding up his walk.

I wondered why I experienced this whenever I was near him. Did it affect him as well?

My phone in my pocket vibrated suddenly, and I internally cursed, ignoring it.